Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the Miata from my partners house. The car sat garaged for 2 years. It was his wife's car and started to stall randomly and wouldn't pass smog. It has 149000 original miles on it. The car is bone stock. It was a C package so it has power steering,ac with the tan leather interior. He asked if I wanted it and me being the kind to accept any challenge agreed for the wonderful price of $0. So here was the car when I got it home.

005.jpg

006.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

The interior is decent and the car is mechanically sound now but the exterior has seen better days. The paint is shot as you can see and the top is ripped up. The body is straight however and it has never had an accident.

007.jpg

008.jpg

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I fixed the stalling issue and think it'll pass smog. It had a leaking manifold gasket so a huge vacuum leak. Also the airbag diagnostic computer was shot. I decided to remove all the airbag system and change the wheel. I also changed all the fluids coolant,oil,tranny,diff,brake and clutch. Also gave it a tune up. It runs like a champ and I take it around the block everynight

015.jpg
013.jpg
014.jpg

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the beauty of a miata. Other than fixing 12 year old stuff, you can have a barrel of monkeys fun for cheap.
That is true. Surprisingly for a 22 year old car it has no leaks and runs great now. The people that had it took care of it mechanically but it looks like hell. They just had no interest in putting anymore time or money in it

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice man, should be a fun little project to work on. Any plans to track it or just for ****s and giggles?
Well it was going to be a track car to begin with. My daughter has shown a lot of interest in it so I'm not sure right now.

·
Registered
468 Posts
This makes me miss my old Miata; I'll post more pictures later either off my old phone here or when I get home;

91' Base model (NO A/C, NO PS, NO PW, NO PL from factory, super light)
Drilled/slotted rotors
Tanabe springs on tokico illumina's
Slotted rotors
Jackson racing super charger on stock pulley
Chrome roll bar (always meant to paint it black)

DSC_0042_zps453e61c3.jpg

That's also my old '01 Bullitt that I got rid of before I bought my FoST

20140717_154112_zps4731f117.jpeg

Good luck restoring it though! You can have a **** ton of fun for not much money.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This makes me miss my old Miata; I'll post more pictures later either off my old phone here or when I get home;

91' Base model (NO A/C, NO PS, NO PW, NO PL from factory, super light)
Drilled/slotted rotors
Tanabe springs on tokico illumina's
Slotted rotors
Jackson racing super charger on stock pulley
Chrome roll bar (always meant to paint it black)

View attachment 107780

That's also my old '01 Bullitt that I got rid of before I bought my FoST

View attachment 107781

Good luck restoring it though! You can have a **** ton of fun for not much money.
Thats a nice Miata. This car was a C package so it has everything power and AC. I'm in the process or depowering everything and removing the AC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts