Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some may have seen my threads regarding my AWE Touring catback, it's too loud for my tastes. With that being said, I'm contemplating what to do with it. I contacted AWE, and they could sell me the mid pipe w/their resonator, but it's quite pricey to me. So I'm wondering if I should look into a different resonator, and have it welded to my current pipe? Does anyone have any recommendations for a resonator (that would go before the muffler)?

·
Registered
16 Posts
As some may have seen my threads regarding my AWE Touring catback, it's too loud for my tastes. With that being said, I'm contemplating what to do with it. I contacted AWE, and they could sell me the mid pipe w/their resonator, but it's quite pricey to me. So I'm wondering if I should look into a different resonator, and have it welded to my current pipe? Does anyone have any recommendations for a resonator (that would go before the muffler)?
Did you install a sound synposer delete kit that will help,if you don't want to get a tune.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts
Did you install a sound synposer delete kit that will help,if you don't want to get a tune.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Im still trying to figure out what this has to do at all with his question????

OP- I wish I had a good answer for you. Im not sure what resonator CNT uses on their catback but I think it would get the sound where you want it. I love my CNT exhaust.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Most people that put on exhaust systems will remove the sound symposer system because when they're combined, it's usually a bit too much.
Yeah I installed a high flow resonator from magnaflow and did a muffler delete and it resulted it a huge amount of drone with the stock sound symposer. Deleted that and it's so much better now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm thinking about adding a resonator to my exhaust system too since it's a bit raspy as it gets into the higher RPM range. I've been reading a lot of good things about the Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator (1141) and might pull the trigger on that.

I have a resonator that I cut out of my mountune exhaust if youd like to buy it from me you could probably have a shop weld it on....its 2.5" in/out tho...idk if youre running a 3" exhaust or what.
Do you happen to know the dimensions of the resonator shell on the Mountune exhaust?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.