Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had the resonator deleted a couple of months ago I like the sound in the city and at low speeds but on the highway with the windows up there is a drone I could do without.
What's your typical cruising speed/rpm? I try to only do highway driving when I can keep the rpm's around 3k ;)

Mo•bile

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So I went ahead and got it taken out, It's a little bit louder, not by much though. NO DRONE at all. I don't know why some people have drone and others don't but I personally have none.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Clean your ears bud.
I agree. I did the resonator delete a couple weeks ago and while it's not loud, it is definitely noticeable under acceleration and deceleration. Very quiet at idle and when rolling down the highway though. Personally, I think it's just about right.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bogus1989. Part of wanting to do the resonator delete atleast for me is a like the look of the stock exhaust tip. It is unique
I have actually been researching it alot as well. I think the resonator delete has a better sound. Check out this comparison vid! I plan on doing the res delete now

Also one more i love the sound on this takeoff with the res delete

·
Registered
430 Posts
I love the sound with it deleted. Here's a video I took...

·
Registered
63 Posts
That sounds awesome for the price! Same question as Narse. Are those pops and burbles im hearing. If so I am getting this done

·
Registered
430 Posts
Do you have the crakle and pops tune? Also is that with just the res deleted and nothing else?
That sounds awesome for the price! Same question as Narse. Are those pops and burbles im hearing. If so I am getting this done
No crackle and pops tune. Just an old panda tune, tuned by Matt (I believe that's who it was).
All of the exhaust work i have if you can't see is the catted MBRP DP and res delete.

I also have a 5ish minute video of me getting on the autobahn that I need to upload still, and on that one I do some launch control revs and 90+ MPH cruise. I'll probably just link it on the exhaust thread this weekend FYI.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
^^ chill man. whether it has been brought up before or not YOU don't have to waste your time chiming in with no advice lol Have a good day from Canada!
Canadians man... So polite!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Trejar, I am considering the same thing. My concerns are that a resonator is not only to muffle sound ( hence why we want to delete it) but also to give you engine the proper back pressure it needs. Anyone have any noticeable changes to driving performance after deleting? Also 7 years down the road when emissions test is to be done can I still pass without the resonator?
Focus st is a turbo car you don’t need back pressure. Resonators cut out the resonance in the pipe if you remove one you’ll get a louder noise mid rpm maybe some more growl if you remove both it’ll add more grown and resonance sounds pretty nice. Put a FR1 exhaust in it it’s a boxed muffler from Ford itself made by borla and does not come with resonators.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,981 Posts
Focus st is a turbo car you don’t need back pressure. Resonators cut out the resonance in the pipe if you remove one you’ll get a louder noise mid rpm maybe some more growl if you remove both it’ll add more grown and resonance sounds pretty nice. Put a FR1 exhaust in it it’s a boxed muffler from Ford itself made by borla and does not come with resonators.
This thread hasn't been active since 2016.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,981 Posts
You got the attention of 2 separate Mods and the user you replied to hasn't been returned since July 2nd 2016

We spend of days hunting spam messages and guiding inexperienced members around.

No deal just for your information.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cool and???? It’s a forum I searched something the forum came up I saw a question without a good answer and posted an answer so people can maybe find the right answer when searching on google? Don’t see why it’s a big deal damnn these forums have people ****ting all over them.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,981 Posts
Great point. Enjoy the 3 day vacation...

21 - 39 of 39 Posts