Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, today i'm taking my stock 2015 ST in to get the resonator deleted. I have NOTHING done to the car so far and the exhaust is pathetic. I want some better sound for little cost and the exhaust shop around me recommended to remove the resonators. Anyone else with a completely STOCK ST do this? Will it sound better/ricey/nice/bad? If i don't like the sound can I put the resonator back in? I dont want my ST too loud, I just want SOME sound. I'd like some crackles and growls.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Trejar, I am considering the same thing. My concerns are that a resonator is not only to muffle sound ( hence why we want to delete it) but also to give you engine the proper back pressure it needs. Anyone have any noticeable changes to driving performance after deleting? Also 7 years down the road when emissions test is to be done can I still pass without the resonator?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey, today i'm taking my stock 2015 ST in to get the resonator deleted. I have NOTHING done to the car so far and the exhaust is pathetic. I want some better sound for little cost and the exhaust shop around me recommended to remove the resonators. Anyone else with a completely STOCK ST do this? Will it sound better/ricey/nice/bad? If i don't like the sound can I put the resonator back in? I dont want my ST too loud, I just want SOME sound. I'd like some crackles and growls.
I did this to my 2016 ST. Only other mod is just a bov for some more noise. This has been asked before just have to do a quick google search, but here is a link to my car after I had mine removed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did this to my 2016 ST. Only other mod is just a bov for some more noise. This has been asked before just have to do a quick google search, but here is a link to my car after I had mine removed.

So you got those rumbles and growl just from deleting the res?

·
Registered
326 Posts
For the love of god people stop making these threads! Search! Search!

Go to google.

Type in exactly this

resonator delete site:focusst.org

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have both deletes (muffler and res) and I think it sounds good for being cheaply done ha. It pops a pretty good bit but I can't say much for just the res deletes as I had the muffler delete first.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think you should do a muffler delete first, its loud when you want it to be and quiet when youre normal driving. You are going to get drone i think.

·
Registered
63 Posts
^^ chill man. whether it has been brought up before or not YOU don't have to waste your time chiming in with no advice lol Have a good day from Canada!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bogus1989. Part of wanting to do the resonator delete atleast for me is a like the look of the stock exhaust tip. It is unique

·
Registered
326 Posts
^^ chill man. whether it has been brought up before or not YOU don't have to waste your time chiming in with no advice lol Have a good day from Canada!
I did offer advice. I explained how to use google to search on this site. The focusst.org search blows so I explained how you can use "site:focusst.org" to search for things specifically on this site. Some people don't know this so I feel there was some value added in my statement.

You are wasting your time telling me to chill lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
one of my first mods was the resonator delete, I like the sound without being overbearing or producing drone. Was only $35 so it was the cheapest of my mods lol!

·
Registered
63 Posts
So this will have no negative affect on the back pressure for your engine? can someone confirm this please

·
Registered
118 Posts
So this will have no negative affect on the back pressure for your engine? can someone confirm this please
No you shouldn't have any negative effects on back pressure, there are plenty of members on here with them deleted and have no issues. As for emissions, they don't have them down in FL so I don't know how that would fly up your way.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Resonator delete.......Dynamax glasspack ( 24" forward ) and Vibrant ( 12" rear ).........muffler delete. Only ST exhaust of its kind as far as I know. Zero drone.

[video]http://vid42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/baldaltima/MOV_0002.mp4[/video]

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the resonator deleted a couple of months ago I like the sound in the city and at low speeds but on the highway with the windows up there is a drone I could do without.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts