Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ‘13 with a flowmaster outlaw catback exhaust and I was wondering if I deleted the resonator would it be worth it since I had paid for the catback exhaust?
1: Has anyone done that specific “mod”? (Possibly if they have a video)
2: If had deleted the resonator it would be louder but is the drone horrible?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Me thinks trolling, but I'll play.

That catback has 1 muffler, so I'm not sure what "resonator" you are referring to which usually refers to the additional mufflers in an exhaust system in attempts to quiet things down.

Removing that muffler would inevitably leave you with a straight piped exhaust. The outlaw is loud to begin with seeing as that it's a 3 inch exhaust and removing the only muffler would only make it louder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

That catback has 1 muffler, so I'm not sure what "resonator" you are referring to which usually refers to the additional mufflers in an exhaust system in attempts to quiet things down.
View attachment 392753
Removing that muffler would inevitably leave you with a straight piped exhaust. The outlaw is loud to begin with seeing as that it's a 3 inch exhaust and removing the only muffler would only make it louder.

View attachment 392753
10000% not a troll i appreciate the response. Im very new but am trying to learn. I was really trying to get some crackles and pops without a tune really like im wanting.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
My wife sent me this a couple weeks ago and it couldn't be more relevant now. I felt attacked, even if I don't have a pop pop pop tune/exhaust.

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
578 Posts
Sometimes I feel like I'm too old for this car, but **** what others think. Give me my binky and pops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts