Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of tight on money right now, but still looking to get a little sound and a little less restriction on the exhaust. Is there anyone out there that sells a quality bolt on resonator delete kit?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I paid a muffler shop $55 to cut mine out and weld in a straight pipe.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Would either of you recommend doing this vs getting a catback from MBRP?
I think the catback will sound better, the res delete doesn't make it that much louder. I would think about doing both as long as you find a muffler that doesn't drone.

I can really only hear the res delete when the window is down, it really doesn't add much because it's just a strait through chamber, a little but not much.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
If I was really on a budget I'd do it again, but since I replaced my catback after 1700 miles(4 months though) I wish just saved that $55 as it really didn't make it loud enough. It does make it louder, and give it a nice, but quiet, rumble.

I got JDL Catback with no resonator($799+shipping new) and it sounds freakin amazing, and no drone above 1500rpm, so basically never. Running stock downpipe for now, but going to go high flow catted at some point when I buy a tuner, after I've already upgraded my FMIC.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would either of you recommend doing this vs getting a catback from MBRP?
I think the catback will sound better, the res delete doesn't make it that much louder. I would think about doing both as long as you find a muffler that doesn't drone.

I can really only hear the res delete when the window is down, it really doesn't add much because it's just a strait through chamber, a little but not much.
Thank you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I was really on a budget I'd do it again, but since I replaced my catback after 1700 miles(4 months though) I wish just saved that $55 as it really didn't make it loud enough. It does make it louder, and give it a nice, but quiet, rumble.

I got JDL Catback with no resonator($799+shipping new) and it sounds freakin amazing, and no drone above 1500rpm, so basically never. Running stock downpipe for now, but going to go high flow catted at some point when I buy a tuner, after I've already upgraded my FMIC.
Thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts