Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their d3s bulbs? How hard is it? Thinking about replacing the stocks with CBIs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Its not bad, tricky if you have short/fat fingers. I found it easier to just pull the headlamp (which its just two bolts and disconnecting the harness) and then sit with the headlight in my lap. CBI's are nice, thats what i am running. bit brighter and whiter than stock

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah, that was my initial go to, did more research and found these RCP 6K bulbs, only $13/ea. time will tell :)
hei man!

did time tell? how are they 3 years later? would you recommend something else? i'm looking for a more whiter, led-like look on my ST too :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Be aware of the cheap bulbs giving lackluster or inconsistent performance. This testing is on a d2s bulb lineup but the principal is the same regarding d3s and money spent on said bulbs.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Be aware of the cheap bulbs giving lackluster or inconsistent performance. This testing is on a d2s bulb lineup but the principal is the same regarding d3s and money spent on said bulbs.

I agree - watched a bunch of videos and reviews - they're still excellent for the price!

Just upgraded my fogs too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
411 Posts
The projector does a great job with the pattern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More than likely you lost intensity of your hot spot, that's more or less what I was asking about.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts