Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have experience removing the rear valence on the 2015+ model without first removing the rear bumper? Looking at the diagram here, it looks like I just need to remove the torx screws hidden behind the fender liner and then just pull the bottom portion of the bumper out (parts 17F828 and 17232 in the diagram).

I was initially going to remove the whole bumper first then take the valence off once the bumper was off the car. However, when I went to remove the tail lights so I could get to the tab holding the bumper in place, I found that someone had screwed the bumper to the plastic tab using some weird tri-wing/tri-point screw (I got my rear bumper replaced by ford last year after a hit-and-run incident - I'm guessing the body shop screwed in the new bumper during that time). I went ahead and bought some tri-wing bits to see if I could unscrew it but none of the bits fit. If it's possible to just pull the valence out, I can save myself the headache of trying to find the proper bit.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts