1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever done this? Looking for input by tomorrow/Saturday

Like dis:

222006Small.jpg

Except maybe just leaving the shocks/rotor/knuckles in place and removing the axles from the trans. I've got a cherry picker and am debating whether it'll be easier to lift the engine out or to lift the car body off. I know ford assembles these by putting the body on top of the motor/suspension.

·
Administrator
11,866 Posts

Like dis:

View attachment 265642

Except maybe just leaving the shocks/rotor/knuckles in place and removing the axles from the trans. I've got a cherry picker and am debating whether it'll be easier to lift the engine out or to lift the car body off. I know ford assembles these by putting the body on top of the motor/suspension.

Hmmm, I have dropped the trans about 5 times now, and just off the top of my head, yes you can. But you would have to get the chassis super high to get the motor/trans to clear.

Actually, now that I think of it.

You can pull the front rad support and crash bar, pull it out the front iirc. I think the A/C lines may give you trouble, but the rest of it is super easy.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts

Like dis:

View attachment 265642

Out of the front unless you got a lift. Motor can be swapped in a day

002.jpg
004.jpg
001.jpg
002.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg

·
Registered
38 Posts
With a lift and an engine cradle (I made one with casters from lumber) it's pretty easy. I've never pulled the engine from a Focus, but did several times on a Mazda 3.

You will need to evacuate the refrigerant first though, I don't believe there is enough room to leave the A/C compressor attached to the lines.

·
Registered
43 Posts
remove the front radiator support. you can pull the motor faster that way. without a lift it would prove to be difficult to drop from the bottom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts