1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever done this? Looking for input by tomorrow/Saturday

Like dis:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automobile repair shop Convertible

Except maybe just leaving the shocks/rotor/knuckles in place and removing the axles from the trans. I've got a cherry picker and am debating whether it'll be easier to lift the engine out or to lift the car body off. I know ford assembles these by putting the body on top of the motor/suspension.

·
Administrator
13,291 Posts

Like dis:

View attachment 265642

Except maybe just leaving the shocks/rotor/knuckles in place and removing the axles from the trans. I've got a cherry picker and am debating whether it'll be easier to lift the engine out or to lift the car body off. I know ford assembles these by putting the body on top of the motor/suspension.

Hmmm, I have dropped the trans about 5 times now, and just off the top of my head, yes you can. But you would have to get the chassis super high to get the motor/trans to clear.

Actually, now that I think of it.

You can pull the front rad support and crash bar, pull it out the front iirc. I think the A/C lines may give you trouble, but the rest of it is super easy.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts

Like dis:

View attachment 265642

Out of the front unless you got a lift. Motor can be swapped in a day

Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive engine part

Engine Auto part Vehicle Automotive engine part Car

Vehicle Engine Auto part Car Automotive exterior

Engine Auto part Automotive engine part Vehicle Automobile repair shop

Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Family car

Auto part

·
Registered
38 Posts
With a lift and an engine cradle (I made one with casters from lumber) it's pretty easy. I've never pulled the engine from a Focus, but did several times on a Mazda 3.

You will need to evacuate the refrigerant first though, I don't believe there is enough room to leave the A/C compressor attached to the lines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts