Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know it had been discussed on here before about how the leather seats get poked and jacked up when you have the back seats fully folded down. I too have experienced this. And you can tell it's not the latches for the lower seat bottom, but the brackets or whatever for what I think is for straps for a car seat. I can't see fully to tell if they're simply bolted in vs welded or something. Has anyone removed these? The seat backs would have to come out to get to it, but these things have got to go. Have another road trip coming up and gonna need the space and don't want to leave the seat folded down for several days. That'll,ruin the seat. Took forever for the seat to relax back to normal after the last time, and I even had padding in there to try and help.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uuuuummmm.....no. But thanks. Not looking for more luggage space beyond what's in the car, just want to fold the seats down without this happening.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really? And you guys are folding the seat bottom up first and then folding the seat back down? That loop bracket digs into the bottom of the seat back something fierce on mine. I'll try to look for that other thread again where someone else on here had the same issue. Either way, I'm gonna pull the seat backs out and see if I can be to it. I can't see enough with the seats installed to tell if that bracket is just bolted in or not.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yea, much much worse on ST3 seats. AND took fooooorever to relax out the last time I did it on mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts