Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some Bilstein B14 coils recently and after installing them I love the ride height for the front of the car, but the rear is still a little too high. I'm sure the rear suspension is similar to other adjustable aftermarket rear suspension for the st so maybe someone can answer my question. I was wondering if I could take out the spring height adjuster thing and just run the spring? Has anyone tried this?
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2013 TS FoST ST3
75 Posts
the only problem i could see happening is if your shock absorber isn't rated for that amount of travel, you could damage that and or other parts connected to that.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Cut a coil out of the spring...

• Haha
Reactions: NukerST and JOKR-ST

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you’ve maxed out your adjustment in the rear? And you still want to go lower?
Yeah the bilsteins don’t really drop you that low sadly I’m so close to being right where I want

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the only problem i could see happening is if your shock absorber isn't rated for that amount of travel, you could damage that and or other parts connected to that.
Yeah that could be a problem, but if you think about it’s kinda just like getting lowing springs

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Yes, you can run with out the adjusters. I like keeping the threaded cup in there just to center the spring (and in my head keep the spring from popping out lol) Another option is custom rear springs. You just need to know the interior/exterior diameters, length and rates.

With my old mk1.5 focus, I was able to source shorter and stiffer rear springs to get the height lower. Just keep in mind, stiffer springs will compress less...ex say new spring is 9k vs old at 7k, even if the new spring is 15mm shorter, that may not translate to 15mm lower ride height. Just don't to crazy with the rates to where your shocks can't effectively dampen them. I only went stiffer as I was low and was trying to limit travel/rub for my setup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts