Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed just the lower AGS fins that cover the fmic? Any sensor issues or more noticeable fmic damage from more debris getting in?

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
You can do it if you'd really like. You could actually just pop those fins out if you felt so inclined they just snap into the holders from the sides. I'd just pull the whole thing though, no reason not to.

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
Just pull the whole unit out, then you will have room for your nice new inter cooler.:wink:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't want to completely remove AGS until I get a new fmic. Trying to keep it as warranty friendly as possible without it looking like it's been modified for now. Popping out the lower shutters is what I'm looking to do since they can hopefully be popped back in quickly and easily I haven't installed my frpp tune I bought so I'm still figuring out the best strategy for my cars longevity and warranty and how to quickly undue any changes if needed.

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
Didn't want to completely remove AGS until I get a new fmic. Trying to keep it as warranty friendly as possible without it looking like it's been modified for now. Popping out the lower shutters is what I'm looking to do since they can hopefully be popped back in quickly and easily I haven't installed my frpp tune I bought so I'm still figuring out the best strategy for my cars longevity and warranty and how to quickly undue any changes if needed.
I would just leave them unless I needed the room for an inter cooler, especially if you are trying to keep the car "warranty friendly".

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Popping them in and out isn't the easiest thing. You'll need the bumper off and they're fragile. You might as well just leave them in. You won't see any real good cooling effect on the factory intercooler by just pulling the fins.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess I'll just leave it be for now, thought I could get some Xtra cooling benefit on the ic but doesn't sound like it's worth the hassle until ready to replace stock fmic or completely remove everything.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Popping them in and out isn't the easiest thing. You'll need the bumper off and they're fragile. You might as well just leave them in. You won't see any real good cooling effect on the factory intercooler by just pulling the fins.
I literally grabbed them and busted them into about 10 pieces and tore them out because no sooner did I try to remove it carefully one of the fins cracked and I said screw this garbage. That's all it is anyway, garbage.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I literally grabbed them and busted them into about 10 pieces and tore them out because no sooner did I try to remove it carefully one of the fins cracked and I said screw this garbage. That's all it is anyway, garbage.
Hulk smash lol.

They come out really easy when you have the bumper factory intercooler out. I save all my stock parts, the only thing I have broken is the factory intake flare that the Velossa Tech Big Mouth replaces, I couldn't get the right push clip out that held it in place, so I just ripped it out.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Yup, this. ^

My car only had about 3500 miles on it when I removed my AGS in order to mount my IC. The AGS frame actually cracked a bit with only the slightest tugging. Yes, only the finest garbage quality plastics are used on our cars! :LAME:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts