Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
( not really sure which topic this belongs in but since it is appearance I guess it applies)
I was rear-ended a week ago and finally bought the rear grill I need to fix it.
The problem is I don't know how to remove the rear grill without breaking the clips.
Does anyone know the proper way to remove the grill

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I haven't looked at mine, and I haven't had to replace it, but from the looks of it, there appear to be retainer clips on the new part. You may be able to use a nylon body panel tool to gently pry them loose, at least that's the way it appears. I suspect also that there are a few retaining screws. Looking at your picture, it may require you take the lower valance loose first. Just my thoughts based on what I can see above. It's dark here now, but I'll look at mine tomorrow. Now I'm curious, since I am looking to put a RS rear valance on mine with the dual exhaust exits.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I haven't looked at mine, and I haven't had to replace it, but from the looks of it, there appear to be retainer clips on the new part. You may be able to use a nylon body panel tool to gently pry them loose, at least that's the way it appears. I suspect also that there are a few retaining screws. Looking at your picture, it may require you take the lower valance loose first. Just my thoughts based on what I can see above. It's dark here now, but I'll look at mine tomorrow. Now I'm curious, since I am looking to put a RS rear valance on mine with the dual exhaust exits.
Unfortunately,i haven't had much of a chance to look at it due to rain, but from what i see there is tabs on the bumper cover that hook onto the valance. I'm going to try out what you suggested with the trim tool( assuming i can find mine ) tomorrow if weather allows. I might end up jacking up the rear to get a better view underneath. Thanks for the suggestion!
As for your dual exhaust valence that sounds like it would be awesome. i think maxton designs has some pieces for the pre facelift st.

*Update*
First thing you are going to want to do is remove the reflectors. They have gray tabs in the back and with a little pressure the just pop out. After the reflectors are removed you have access to a few of the tabs . You can either use a trim tool or Flathead( like me) and depending on if you are starting from top or bottom you pry up to release the tab. For me it was a pain and i only got a few before i decided to just break the back portion of the clips using my fingers, as long as you're gentle it'll come out eventually.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts