Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I might be asking for trouble by doing this but is there a good place to move the ecu out from in front of the driver side wheel ?

·
Super Moderator
7,563 Posts
I know I might be asking for trouble by doing this but is there a good place to move the ecu out from in front of the driver side wheel ?
Lol, why?

You can move it wherever it will fit, just have to splice in wire extentions. Which is a large investment of time, and a mistake on your part could cause issues/damage.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I see your concern, but your solution would likely move it to the engine bay where theres more heat than that particular ecm was engineered to take. I agree with deuce, extending the harness will create more issues than its worth.

·
Super Moderator
7,563 Posts
Yeah thats the truth just want want to hear some opinions on moving it
Well, Velossa tech has brackets to move it a bit. Buys more clearance to the fogs iirc.

As far as drastic moves, you'd possibly be the first. Theres not many options though. The area its in is kinda the best. You could do a battery relocate, and put it where the battery tray was, but I wouldnt want it anywhere near the brake fluid reservoir.

Idk man, whats your thoughts?

·
Registered
642 Posts
I don't know about these cars specifically, but there are apparently some sensors that factor wire length into their readings, so you might also get annoying errors from changing them. Planning on do some kind of apocalyptic body conversion?

·
Super Moderator
7,563 Posts
I don't know about these cars specifically, but there are apparently some sensors that factor wire length into their readings, so you might also get annoying errors from changing them. Planning on do some kind of apocalyptic body conversion?
Yeah, any resistance sensitive readings would be compromised based on wire length and splicing technique/materials.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts