Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Focus ST3
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Here's a little back story before I get into what I'm looking for answers about.

I purchased my '13 FoST3 brand new back in February of 2013 with 80 miles on it. I recently paid it off last year and just hit 80K miles this summer. I have not done any major upgrades to the car since owning it. And I've never had any major problems, until now.

After hitting 80K, the car just hasn't been feeling like it used to. I've had regular oil changes and replaced the tires and brakes when needed but nothing else. After getting an inspection done, it turns out that my entire suspension was in bad shape and it was going to cost a pretty penny at the auto shop to repair.

I've always wanted to upgrade my car but just never really pulled the trigger. Figuring I was going to have to spend some money now that the car is getting older, I decided now would be the best time to start upgrading it so I can get as much more life out of it as I can (i don't want another car payment and I really do love this car)

So, I started doing research, and more research, and more...and put together a list of mods and upgrades that I wanted to do in order to make my baby feel like new again. I've purchased the following bolt ons.

0. I've been running a 93 Stratified Tune on my Cobb AP for the last 2 years
1. Bilstein B14 Coilovers
2. AWE cat-back exhaust, touring resonated edition
3. Garrett Front Mount Intercooler
4. Whiteline Sway Bar End Links (front and rear)
5. NGK Spark Plugs
6. Garage Line 20/25mm Wheel Spacers

My question to you all, is what do you recommend are other best things to upgrade/replace after 80K miles in order to make the car feel new again and ensure it's longevity for another 80K miles. I know all about the bolt on upgrades I can do but looking more specifically for ideas on upgrading/maintaining the transmission, engine components, and paint job.

Additional things on my list of to-do's so far:
  • Replacing transmission fluid
  • MSD Coil Packs
  • Gorilla Lug Nuts
  • Stainless Steel Braided Brake Hoses
Thanks for your help!

Reactions: EetechTom

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,775 Posts
I have a 2013 ST1 now on 114k miles. Some key things to do at your mileage:
  • change gearbox oil
  • flush through new brake fluid (dont forget the clutch slave).
  • flush through new coolant.
  • check all hoses for leaks, especially the heater core hoses at the bulkhead and the thin plastc hose between the reservoir and the manifold above the gearbox.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Don't get the msd coil packs, not worth the money. If you need new ones, go OEM.

I'd recommend going with a stiffer rear sway bar too as it will greatly improve the handling. TB Performance braces are also a great option to help the suspension out.

Consider lubricating all of the bushings too as they get dry overtime. If they're worn, replace them. I'd also recommend changing out the shifter bushings for solid metal ones.

Lastly, if you haven't already, rear motor mount is your best friend.

Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts