Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm a long time reader and a first time poster. I was looking for some info on this using the search bar, but I wasn't having any luck.

I have been looking at ST1's around the Chicago area and I have come across two things:

1: Prices on cars.com/autotrader are lower everywhere else. There are cars listed in Missouri and on the east coast in the $17.5k-$19k range. I sure there is some dubious incentive stacking involved though (senior/student/astronaut/etc.).

2: The first two dealers I been to haven't been able to get the sticker to $20k, even before destination & taxes. One was straight shooting and offered about $22.5k, and the other lured me in with an internet price that doesn't exist.

Regional incentives have come up in these conversations. Is it really the case that Ford ties in incentives to where the customer lives, and I just can't go a state over and get a better deal? One one has been really willing to go thousands over invoice like I seen here. How have you guys gotten dealers to did so low?

With all these amazing deals being posted, I really want to get to at least $20k even. Am I nuts? Do I just have to find a dealer with a brightly colored hatchback they want to get rid off? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are you willing to drive to save the extra $? Call these guys: Tri-State Ford Lincoln | Lincoln, Ford Dealership in Maryville MO They are about 2 hours North of Kansas City. There are similar dealers in the KC area that were similar in price, but Tristate is who I dealt with. They brought mine to KC for me, so they may be willing to meet you part way. If you don't have someone to drive you, you can rent a car and drop it off in whatever town you meet in, just need to factor in another $150 to your cost.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, I'd stick to your guns for under $20K before tax/tag/etc.

I got mine from Lasco in Michigan. They have a few at the moment, here's the cheapest one they have.

New 2017 Ford Focus ST For Sale in Fenton, MI | VIN# 1FADP3L99HL253729
I can second what Nick says and vouch for the dealing with Lasco Ford. I bought mine (ST1) there about 6 weeks ago. I also drove about 2hrs to get there because the deal was so good. Lasco is also 1 of only 5 Ford Performance dealers here in Michigan. It was nice being able to ask about Mountune mods and having a salesman having an idea of what I was talking about. I've also purchased/leased around 15 new vehicles in my day, so I was ready for the "bait & switch", but I purchased my ST1 for $19,250 plus tax, title, & plates. OTD was just over $21k.

IMG_6166.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I was going to sit out until the 4th of July or Labor Day...

It's nice the know out-of-state deals exist though. I spent my first year of college in Flint, so I might keep an eye out for Kona Blue or Magnetic ST1s at Lasco and visit Ann Arbor or Flint for a weekend.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Check the current incentive end date. Memorial Day incentives should have ended already. There will be 4th of July incentives and that's when I finally bought my ST. WAY BELOW MSRP for my ST2 with premium wheels and moon roof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts