Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Thinking about buying new brake pads for my car. Anyone who runs redstuff or yellowstuff coatings? Which one do you think is the best? Yellowstuff is also able to run on track.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
768 Posts
When buying brake pads, be honest with yourself about what you're going to do with the car. donr know if you've done any other research, but yellow pads can make some noise and will make more dust. Reds are supposed to be the best performing street pad you can get, and they are rated as extremely low dust. Reds are ceramic. If a dual purpose street/track car, yellow will be fine and certainly do better on track than red. If only a street car (no matter how aggressive you drive), red hands down. My Wilwood brakes are going on this weekend and I got the reds for this install. Will be my first set on this car, but have been running EBC pads on everything else I've ever owned and they are hands down the best I've ever used.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used the yellow pads on my srt-4. they can make some noise and they do dust pretty good. Also the dust isn't something you want sitting on your rims for a long time, it will be very hard to clean off. They yellow pads will wear your rotors.

I don't know if it was a break issue for the neon srt-4 but they did fade at Mid-Ohio. That was with fresh mogul rb600 brake fluid too. Ii can't remember for sure but i think the srt-4 was around 2900 pounds and i think the fost is around 3200 pounds. The srt-4 could have used more brake for sure.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have reds and they are great, I had to choose between the two and I am glad I did choose reds. The yellows are great but they will chew through rotors (as advised by a mechanic who has run both for the past 4 years). I am yet to find the limits of the reds and they are performing flawlessly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.