Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2014 Oxford White ST3
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey friends, I’m preparing and gathering things together for a big turbo install, ATP2860R on my 2014 Focus ST. I’m looking at 325-350 HP, as I’ll be running on 91 ethanol mix and stock fuel system. Have catted down pipe, ESP intercooler and Roush exhaust. Edge Autosport will be doing my tune.

I need a J style defouler and it appears Vibrant is the way to go. Of course, when I go looking for it, I can’t find it. I see Whoosh has one but the example on their website looks like garbage. Can anyone direct me to a good defouler or is the Whoosh unit okay? Does anyone know what the thread pitch is on these? I ask this because I seem to find Vibrant J sytle defoulers for Hondas but uncertain as to whether they will fit our Focus.

I need new O2 sensors and desire recommendations on those? If I don’t have to spend the coin on “Ford” parts when I can possibly acquire a part of same quality or better quality at a cheaper price, that is what I want to do. I’ve read on here about Denso, but stuff is all over the place and a lot of info is old.

Forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong area.

Thanks!!!

· Premium Member
1,465 Posts
I don’t believe Vibrant is offering the J-style defoulers anymore. I picked up one the no-name ones on Fleabay a while back, but haven’t installed it yet. It appears to be of good quality, the welds looks decent. I’m sure it’s a Sino-made unit though.

· Registered
180 Posts
I bought the j type from whoosh, and it wasn't bad. The only issue I had was that I was getting a new code for the sensor responding too slowly, which ment it was too long. What worked for me was a spark plug defouler from auto zone.

This part ended up working for me. I've been driving over 250 miles and no CEL or any other codes from access port. I got it from auto zone for around $7 at the time and it fit in easily with lots of space around the sensor.

For the O2 sensors I just bought it off rock auto.

· Registered
2,558 Posts
This is good for the defouler. Been running it for probably 20k miles.
For the O2 sensors, I just used Bosch units when I replaced mine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.