Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to do my Steeda FMIC soon. I wanted to get some opinions regarding which clamps to use. I just don't have any confidence in the [email protected] OEM worm clamps. Also what is the maximum/minimum size clamp I should use. For now, I'm interested in just the main pipes going in and coming out of the Steeda unit. I plan to upgrade the others later. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm using the stock clamps on my Steeda unit and it's just fine. The cast nature of the end tanks allow the rubber to grab pretty well. Not trying to talk you out of anything but I'm going just fine.

·
Registered
294 Posts
T bolts will grab the strongest, but definitely not a necessity. As far as size, I think mine was a 2.5" pipe and I went with 2.75" clamps, but they are a little too small and I had to take them apart to get them to open wide enough. So 3" may work better on 2.5" pipe.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I had zero issues with stock clamps when I had stock pipes with the depo IC.

That said I've bought a lot of misc couplers / clamps from these guys and they are always good quality at a low price. When you click on one of them, it will show you the size/diameter range for each one. Measure each connection point if you can and then you'll know for sure.

T Bolt Clamp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts