Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
The Recaros on the ST are an incredibly Tight Fit....OK for the skinny little Europeans....But not OK for us Bigger Americans.....Ford must realize that a "World Size" seat is an impossible feat.......We need a wider recaro here with lateral adjustment and lumbar adjustable support.
Fat Americans? Lose weight

·
Registered
638 Posts
I'm 6'1" 225lbs. My ST3 recaro seats are an amazing fit. GREAT back support if you set them correctly. This is the first car I have owned in a decade that I can drive for 16 straight hours and arrive with no back pain whatsoever. The seats are a big part of the reason I left the dealership with a Focus ST and not a Mustang GT last month.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
The Recaro tutorial made a huge difference ... in how well I drive. I was occasionally doing sloppy shifts; when adjusting the seat with the clutch on the floor realized I was too far back, resulting in my left leg hitting the seat bottom and sometimes not fully disengaging the clutch.

BTW, I'm 6-2 and 230 and love the seats, I've always been aggressive in corners and usually had to chinch up the seat belt extra tight to not fell like I'm sliding around in the seat; these seats are very supportive. Even passengers pushing 300 pounds found them comfortable.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts