Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
It would seem that he is paying the "optional" insurance on the rental. The optional insurance is that, optional. Your regular car insurance will cover you in a rental vehicle. I wouldn't complain with being offered rental that is far superior to my own car, but that's just me.
I think it's the gas millage of the bigger car that is his issue with that. Also I could see a person in a big city happier in a small car for parking reasons.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It would seem that he is paying the "optional" insurance on the rental. The optional insurance is that, optional. Your regular car insurance will cover you in a rental vehicle. I wouldn't complain with being offered rental that is far superior to my own car, but that's just me.
I'm paying the optional insurance because the last thing I want is for my normal insurance to go up because something happens to the rental. It's my option Ford should pay the insurance anyways because the culpability falls squarely on their shoulder.

Respectfully - I think we differ on which car is "far superior".

Reactions: 13 FOCUS ST2

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm paying the optional insurance because the last thing I want is for my normal insurance to go up because something happens to the rental. It's my option Ford should pay the insurance anyways because the culpability falls squarely on their shoulder.

Respectfully - I think we differ on which car is "far superior".

Not sure I agree with the idea that Ford should cover the insurance, but that's for another time. However, I do feel an Explore is far and beyond than a Focus anyday. Larger. Seats more. Carries more. Could be equitable in MPG with the ecoboost option. Overall just a nicer vehicle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
I received notice about 3 hours ago that the repairs have been completed. I was also told that "part or all" of the loaner insurance would be covered, I will keep you informed.

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
I'll ask tomorrow and I'll PM you with the info. They told me that they updated the code they use to service the BCM. I guess I bothered them enough to make it happen. Call Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
No one there today could answer what they did. I did get the car back, and ford is in control of the loaner. If you have questions PM me.

·
Registered
294 Posts
No one there today could answer what they did. I did get the car back, and ford is in control of the loaner. If you have questions PM me.
Wonder if they happened to get lucky with the reflash. Some others have said they were able to get the car reflashed after a bit. Anyway good to see some people are getting their cars back finally.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Wonder if they happened to get lucky with the reflash. Some others have said they were able to get the car reflashed after a bit. Anyway good to see some people are getting their cars back finally.
I wonder if there's anything we can do to put pressure on Ford? This was a ridiculous experience. Especially for those who still don't have their cars back.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I wonder if there's anything we can do to put pressure on Ford? This was a ridiculous experience. Especially for those who still don't have their cars back.
It looks like they have a fix now. My dealer got a zip file from Ford on Friday and it apparently fixes the issue. Just took them ~36 days, well 40 if I actually get my car back on Monday.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts