Ford Focus ST Forum banner

141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
So my car has stalled twice around 40MPH is this the same issues that is making my car idle weird after a decel or even a slight rev?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
if your car is stalling while doing 40mph, i would call the dealer asap and let them know of your issues and ask if its recall related. The car losing power while in motion is a safety thing, get it looked it by Ford

·
Registered
211 Posts
So my car has stalled twice around 40MPH is this the same issues that is making my car idle weird after a decel or even a slight rev?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Mine did the same thing on me and then she would not turnover. The dealer changed the purge valve and she has been good since then.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
So it it out yet? I still haven't heard anything on my 2013.
For my '13, Ford's site still says "Status:12 - RECALL INCOMPLETE. REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLE. "

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had mine in on monday for the recall. They checked the tank (it passed), reprogrammed the pcm, and did the door latch recall. Yesterday, I was driving home from work (I have an hour commute) and she died on me 4 times within 10 miles. Took it back immediately and they gave me a loaner car because it was after hours. They're looking into it today to see what's going on - sounds like I need the complete assembly replaced after reading through the previous posts. We'll see what they come up with.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I finally got my notice yesterday (in central IL, if it matters) that the dealer has the parts in to do the recall on my 2018 and I set it up for next week. I asked if they change the part and do the update or just update the PCM and wait for a CEL to replace the part an he said they will do both hardware and software. I am hoping I don't start having some of the problems afterwards that some people are having with theirs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
got mine done at the local ford dealer yesterday.it only took one hour and they updated the pcm and did not replace anything.now i have to get a new tune from stratified.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a '13 and took it to the dealer a couple months ago. Did the PCM update but they didn't replace anything because they said visual checks were OK and no CEL popped up after the update. Car stalled at a stop light a couple times days later but no still CEL.

I brought it in again and they looked at it but said if there's no CEL they can't do much. However, they said if there was a CEL, it's $200 just to diagnose the problem and if the purge valve is the problem, it may not be covered under the recall since it didn't show up after they updated the PCM and my car is now out of warranty. In their system, the recall is considered completed so it would be an out of warranty service. It sounds like a load of BS to me.

CEL finally popped up a couple weeks ago but I'm hesitant to take her back and argue that it be covered under the recall. Car has been running fine since but I ordered the part and might do it myself just to get the problem dealt with.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Change the purge valve yourself to remove that variable.

It’s a 10-15 minute job. The hardest part is figuring out the clips - which we can help you through if necessary.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
141 - 152 of 152 Posts