Ford Focus ST Forum banner
121 - 140 of 168 Posts
Just looked on the website. Parts and software are expected to be available "2nd quarter of 2019" for the 13/14 STs
My owner's page still shows the same thing :/

"RECALL INCOMPLETE. REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLE"

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My car was at Ford for a month for the recall. It was literally killing on me while driving. Saturday they told me the car was fixed and to come pick it up.

I asked the mechanic and he said Ford sent him the "newest" calibration and they told him to install the new purge valve. He also stated that they may or may not have another update. I dont believe this is the true recall fix that I got, but the car is running differently in a good way (2014 Focus ST)

Still haven't received a notice to get this recall completed. *sigh*
Me neither, you’re not alone brother
Checked Ford recall site and saw this "Status: 12 - RECALL INCOMPLETE. REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLE." I guess I will keep waiting for another letter when there is a fix? (2014 ST) How come some 2014 got it fixed?

Kind of want to go to this HPDE track day, as long as I keep it above half tank full than it should be ok or? When it stalls you lose all power and it will be very hard to brake? This long straight on track you will be going about95mph, some not so sharp turns after that but could still be dangerous I guess.

Does this happen randomly or at certain mileage/situation? Sounds like it doesn't happen that often?

If you use the car for normal use like DD and commute, and it fails on you did dealer compensate the repairs for those people? Like towing the car there, and other problems caused by the recall.

Discussion starter · #129 · (Edited)
Checked Ford recall site and saw this "Status: 12 - RECALL INCOMPLETE. REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLE." I guess I will keep waiting for another letter when there is a fix? (2014 ST) How come some 2014 got it fixed?

Kind of want to go to this HPDE track day, as long as I keep it above half tank full than it should be ok or? When it stalls you lose all power and it will be very hard to brake? This long straight on track you will be going about95mph, some not so sharp turns after that but could still be dangerous I guess.

Does this happen randomly or at certain mileage/situation? Sounds like it doesn't happen that often?

If you use the car for normal use like DD and commute, and it fails on you did dealer compensate the repairs for those people? Like towing the car there, and other problems caused by the recall.
Read this, @Bart posted it above: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2018/RCMN-18V735-0635.pdf
Do you have any of these symptoms?
Check for customer complaints regarding any of the following?
a. inaccurate fuel gauge indication
b. inaccurate DTE
c. drivability concerns such as hesitation, rough idle, or loss of power
If not, you are probably ok to keep driving the car as normal and you can keep the fuel above half tank as Ford suggested. I've not heard of anyone losing brakes, just poor running and/or potential stalling. Someone correct me if i am wrong but I dont htink i have heard of stalling happening while at speed either.

As to how some 2014's got the fix and when we will see a new mailing:
Owners of 2013-2018 Model Year Focus ST vehicles will be mailed 2nd Quarter, 2019:
To provide instructions for 2013-2018 model year Focus ST equipped with Ford Performance Calibrations
To provide instructions for 2013-2014 model year Focus ST vehicles which previously had this recall completed, the software update must be performed a second time.
So they could have had the parts replaced and reflashed but they will need to have the software update reapplied
The 2nd Q of 2019, so thats now through end of June

Read this, @Bart posted it above: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2018/RCMN-18V735-0635.pdf
Do you have any of these symptoms?
If not, you are probably ok to keep driving the car as normal and you can keep the fuel above half tank as Ford suggested. I've not heard of anyone losing brakes, just poor running and/or potential stalling. Someone correct me if i am wrong but I dont htink i have heard of stalling happening while at speed either.

As to how some 2014's got the fix and when we will see a new mailing:

So they could have had the parts replaced and reflashed but they will need to have the software update reapplied
The 2nd Q of 2019, so thats now through end of June
Correct, my my mechanic mentioned a 2nd flash. The car is running good atm. Smooth as butter.

Reactions: rambleon84
This morning I called my Ford dealer to ask about the recall (I hadn't read this thread yet) and they said "sure, no problem it only takes 20 minutes." But, since I have a 13 ST should I wait until the PCM update is available, or is that a separate issue? My car has definitely had the "running out of gas with fuel still in the tank" issue.

This morning I called my Ford dealer to ask about the recall (I hadn't read this thread yet) and they said "sure, no problem it only takes 20 minutes." But, since I have a 13 ST should I wait until the PCM update is available, or is that a separate issue? My car has definitely had the "running out of gas with fuel still in the tank" issue.
My service guy told me 4-6 hours! 20 minutes I can wait. I assume I should flash my car back to the original tune first?

a. inaccurate fuel gauge indication - Yeah this for sure.
b. inaccurate DTE - What is DTE?
c. drivability concerns such as hesitation, rough idle, or loss of power - Yes, rough idle every now and then... like it is about to stall. Not from the a/c running.

d. I also hear an odd pop/clunk from the gas tank area from time to time, but only when I get in the car before I start it up. Not sure if related though.

a. inaccurate fuel gauge indication - Yeah this for sure.
b. inaccurate DTE - What is DTE?
c. drivability concerns such as hesitation, rough idle, or loss of power - Yes, rough idle every now and then... like it is about to stall. Not from the a/c running.

d. I also hear an odd pop/clunk from the gas tank area from time to time, but only when I get in the car before I start it up. Not sure if related though.
A) my fuel guage usually is not far off??

B) Distance to empty...

C) you should check your spark plugs.

I got tired of waiting and called the local Ford dealer last week and finally got my '18 ST done today. They said they didn't have to replace anything and updated software/firmware (whatever). We'll see if that takes care of the wonky fuel readings.

2012 5DR SEL Focus

So I was driving down the interstate the other day and my car died while going 70mph. Gas indicator indicated I had 22 miles of fuel left. Car wouldn't start so I had it towed to the dealership.

Cause was a 1/2" deformation of the fuel tank. A new purge valve was installed and I'm good to go.

I wasn't aware of the recall and I try to stay on top of these things. The dealership said they'll only replace a tank if deformation exceeds 1 inch. So I guess I'm kind of screwed there.

121 - 140 of 168 Posts