Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got mine on -day one review (90 miles so far)
would like to give a quick review and recommendation for any one with a ripped hanger and banging because of solid mounts.

first of all im using that piece of crap leaking $199 down pipe that doesn't fit with out modification and is not entirely stainless
located in this review thread-
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-performance/19285-thing-thats-wrong-199-d-p.html

the good on this piece
with minor 2 slightly shorter (1/4)cuts in the down pipe hangers and a long and short end for the bushings existing on the hanger itself
we were able to put the hanger on without removing the down pipe!
this piece doesn't come with instructions but you can figure out which side needs to go on first by how much room you have- hence us not removing the pipe.
so very clever

i have 2 solid mounts so vibration and banging with the pipe are hell and im talking normal driving.
this solved the issue!!! i mean gone its only been a day and i haven't been to the track but am pretty happy because both of us had 0 expectations on this removing or quieting any noise at all.

the concerns;
the metal could have been thicker than 16 gauge- I LIKE THICKER MORE DURABLE
and the bushings could have been a more solid poly so as not to rip or wear out as easy- think gm end link bushings (energy suspension)sold in any auto Zone- the doughnut hols fit perfectly over the hangers

ILL add more as i get some miles and racing on this

·
Registered
881 Posts
I agree with you for sure on the bushings need an upgrade, I ripped one slightly just installing the thing

·
Registered
881 Posts
Yeah curious how it failed as well, i know the bushings kinda suck but 2 months is real fast, i wonder if its mostly because of your DP

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im sure the d/p is part of the problem
dont buy the depot racing pipe either

however the bracket quiets and holds the d/p temporarily
then the rubber gives way like the original from movement and bad craftsmanship and hanger placement.
IE not tough enough to hold
ill get pics because im ordering the $20 hanger thats actually $50

·
Super Moderator
7,109 Posts
im sure the d/p is part of the problem
dont buy the depot racing pipe either

however the bracket quiets and holds the d/p temporarily
then the rubber gives way like the original from movement and bad craftsmanship and hanger placement.
IE not tough enough to hold
ill get pics because im ordering the $20 hanger thats actually $50
Cheap you pay, cheap you get.

My rdc bracket has about 15k on it and its holding up fine with my CJPP catless DP. The bracket is holding fine on two other cars with ATP downpipes that i converse with. IDK whats going on with yours, but rebel devil has a lifetime warranty on their bracket, they will fix it iirc. Unless it was installer error that lead to the malfunction. I have not heard of many issues at all with their bracket, so this is a bit perplexing.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheap you pay, cheap you get.

My rdc bracket has about 15k on it and its holding up fine with my CJPP catless DP. The bracket is holding fine on two other cars with ATP downpipes that i converse with. IDK whats going on with yours, but rebel devil has a lifetime warranty on their bracket, they will fix it iirc. Unless it was installer error that lead to the malfunction. I have not heard of many issues at all with their bracket, so this is a bit perplexing.
not so fast
lets also remember the factory one held out for a year before tearing on that crappy fitting d/p
ill look into the lifetime warranty-there is only 2 bolts to install it , i believe you can use either one on either side

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so racking my brain on why?
what changed in a year?
i got the motor & transmission mounts.
shortly after factory DP bracket fails- (but its at 25000 miles by then)
this bracket fails shorty after

but it makes no sense- it cant be the mounts(and i only have 2 out of 3 )
because lots of people have them- yet they haven't had similar experiences.

·
Super Moderator
7,109 Posts
so racking my brain on why?
what changed in a year?
i got the motor & transmission mounts.
shortly after factory DP bracket fails- (but its at 25000 miles by then)
this bracket fails shorty after

but it makes no sense- it cant be the mounts(and i only have 2 out of 3 )
because lots of people have them- yet they haven't had similar experiences.
I have full motor mounts, a balance shaft delete and a catless DP with no upper mounting point and a short flex section. Which puts all the stress on the RDC dp bracket. If anything, mine should have failed. Lol.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I feel like its a combination of things, The depo DP has 2 bad things going for the bracket, first is the bad hanger position design and second is the small flex section, both are awful for the hanger bushings. Add this to the more solid mounts and thats a lot of stress in one area. Should they still have failed? probably not but im not surprised they did either

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I feel like its a combination of things, The depo DP has 2 bad things going for the bracket, first is the bad hanger position design and second is the small flex section, both are awful for the hanger bushings. Add this to the more solid mounts and thats a lot of stress in one area. Should they still have failed? probably not but im not surprised they did either
this

·
Registered
350 Posts
My depo pipe fit flawlessly.. Just got it on 2 months ago, so far everything looks good.. Wonder if they changed the design slightly

·
Vendor
218 Posts
No-one has ever emailed us at [email protected] regarding a failure, the only issue a customer had with one was due to DP design of the hanger.. Bucher racing has huge heads on end of hanger. If anyone has a problem and it's proven our product failed due to design or manufacturing issue, we will warranty or refund.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts