Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well as I posted in the What did you do to your ST today thread a week or so ago, I got the RS wing and was able to inspect it and all seemed fine except for the little crack behind the wing (no big deal I'll just fix it), well day 2 that sucker started cracking like crazy all over. I sent Mike a message from the body shop to call me ASAP and he did, I told him about the cracking and sent pics Sept 8th. After not hearing from him I messaged him back on the 12th that I felt the wing was dangerous and would like a refund. Well since I signed for it I guess i'm stuck with it. He is not going to make it right with me even after I offered to split the cost, (just give me back half $237 and will be done. Nope he just ignored me.

Let me back up a bit, I ordered this wing on Aug. 2nd and was told it would be about 2 weeks, on Aug 17th I sent a message inquiring about it, He says lets check. After not hearing back from him I sent another message the next day. Did you find anything out? Yes waiting on shipping info. So on the 23rd I send yet another message. How we coming along on the tracking, if you're having issues with the seller just refund my money and we'll be done. He said he already paid the manufacturer. Okay fine at least it's on the way. So after not hearing anything I send another message on the 31st, sorry this isn't working out please send refund. Then all of a sudden I have a tracking #. Well he didn't even order it until the 22nd of Aug. 20 days after I paid. And he never once got a hold of me to keep me informed, so I can't understand the good CS reviews. It was always me reaching out to him, always, every single time.

If you zoom in you can see the whole leading edge of the top spoiler it splitting and it's gotten worse since I took the pic.
IMG_3236.JPG

It's splitting on the seam on the lower wing.
IMG_3230.JPG

And there's cracks all over it.
IMG_3230.JPG
IMG_3234.JPG
IMG_3235.JPG
IMG_3227.JPG
IMG_3233.JPG

Oh, the manufacturer of the wing said they'd give me a full refund if I send it back to Poland. Shipping $500.00 lol. Or a replacement for 50% off, um no thanks what if it gets damaged I'll be doing this for months and it could cost me a fortune.

I have another one on the way from a different manufacturer, it'll be here Thursday.

Don't know why that same pic is in there 3 times?

·
Registered
219 Posts
On our site it states "Disclaimer : *Once you receive the product, please inspect the box and the contents for damage. *If Box or contents are damaged,*DO NOT SIGN FOR THE PART****Refuse the part to have it returned. *If you sign for the part*YOU*take responsibilty for the Package and contents"

You told me the package looks like it got wet. Water, primer and fiberglass do not work well together. First day looked good, next day cracked (maybe because the wing warmed up and dried out causing the cracks. I was trying to get something done, even though by our disclaimer, we shouldn't have to.

You can try to slander us all you want, however the blame is inevitably on you, since you signed for a package that apparently had water damage.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Why would you accept a wing that was damaged and expect a refund after signing for it?
" I got the RS wing and was able to inspect it and all seemed fine except for the little crack behind the wing (no big deal I'll just fix it), well day 2 that sucker started cracking like crazy all over. "
This is word for wor what you said.

Whenever I sign for a package I paid good money for I inspect it and refuse it if its not 100 percent ok.

I'm confused on why you are putting a companyg on blast when you openly admitted you received it damaged. And why you installed it on your car when it already had stress cracks and not painted is beyond me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
744 Posts
Fiberglass is easy to work with! You want to sell me the wing OP? Ill fix it, paint it and toss it on my car!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can confirm. After tapping my RS look-alike FG bumper a few times and having to repair chips and cracks, I've gotten pretty good at it by now. OP, you're stuck with it so just pull it apart and either fix it yourself or have a shop do it. If not, just try to sell it. I'm sure a lot of people will be willing to buy it.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Cut him some slack folks, Who here has grabbed the package from the UPS or FED EX guy, signed and closed the door to get to the opening of the box. Who here has done that? YAH ALL HANDS UP!

What UPS or FED EX guy is going to stand around and wait for you to open up a box, those guys/gals are there and then gone. They get really upset if they stand at your doorway for more than 15 sec.

Don't give me the excuse, "well he could of made the guy wait till he opens his package." It does not happen all that often folks...

I'm not taking sides, just merely stating the facts on how things may have or most likely went down. That sucks Rebel D. wont do anything to help, Not so good customer service

P.S

I wouldn't be willing to buy it, it came to him cracked. I wont wast my time on someone's mistake on crappy packaging and foam stuffing.

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
Cut him some slack folks, Who here has grabbed the package from the UPS or FED EX guy, signed and closed the door to get to the opening of the box. Who here has done that? YAH ALL HANDS UP!

What UPS or FED EX guy is going to stand around and wait for you to open up a box, those guys/gals are there and then gone. They get really upset if they stand at your doorway for more than 15 sec.

Don't give me the excuse, "well he could of made the guy wait till he opens his package." It does not happen all that often folks...

I'm not taking sides, just merely stating the facts on how things may have or most likely went down. That sucks Rebel D. wont do anything to help, Not so good customer service

P.S

I wouldn't be willing to buy it, it came to him cracked. I wont wast my time on someone's mistake on crappy packaging and foam stuffing.
This is why any package that I know is going to need a signature and to be inspected on delivery I have held at UPS, FedEx or USPS so I can go there, take my time, go over it with a magnifying glass if necessary and have it returned then and there if not in acceptable condition. Yes, it is a little inconvenient, but saves on headaches like this.

Reactions: RebelDevil

·
Registered
219 Posts

P.S

Did you not read my comment, inwas trying to help get something done with the manufacturer, and the option they gave me was not what the OP wanted.. now he is upset. Im not refunding for the part out of my pocket, and the manufacturer won't do a refund either, since he signed for the part and that means he takes all responsibility

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
This is certainly a less than desirable situation, however even though I felt like a jerk the two times I've ever inspected a package, if the package is more than like $200 bucks I'm inspecting it after I've seen a pair of $200 glasses get opened by my mom and be destroyed with no chance of refund. The first time I did it the guy was noticeably annoyed when I asked if I can look at it first (corner of box was dented...and it was a Things Remembered snow globe..obviously I'm checking it out) and he hurriedly pulled out his own box cutter and cut the box open for me to save time. Once I saw the globe was fine I signed.

The second time was my girlfriends Michael Kors watch. Package was perfectly fine, but it was a expensive item that could NOT be damaged and they have a similar disclaimer to R.D. so I told the guy I'm going to inspect it first since it's an expensive watch and he goes "That's what I would be doing if I bought something like that, no worries." So ultimately, I do definitely feel bad for OP because lets be honest...most people DO just grab a package and sign. However, a disclaimer is there for a purpose so I can't fault R.D. especially if the box was damaged..I would have definitely looked it up and down myself especially for $500. Such an unfortunate issue, I'm with the others man, I would be repairing it myself since it's just fiberglass. Just do it right so it holds up.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On our site it states "Disclaimer : *Once you receive the product, please inspect the box and the contents for damage. *If Box or contents are damaged,*DO NOT SIGN FOR THE PART****Refuse the part to have it returned. *If you sign for the part*YOU*take responsibilty for the Package and contents"

You told me the package looks like it got wet. Water, primer and fiberglass do not work well together. First day looked good, next day cracked (maybe because the wing warmed up and dried out causing the cracks. I was trying to get something done, even though by our disclaimer, we shouldn't have to.

You can try to slander us all you want, however the blame is inevitably on you, since you signed for a package that apparently had water damage.

Slander is when you tell lies about someone, I just shared the truth of how this all went down. The wing apparently cracked as the air got to it, there's no way I could have known this was going to crack the next day, it was dry when I picked it up. And for that matter every review I read about that wing said the box was damaged but the wing was fine. And it looked to be fine when I inspected it, so I signed. If you want to hide behind your disclaimer for selling a defective product, whatever man that's on you.

You never got back with me once, I always had to message you on FB and then you just give me lip service, you tell me they had a month long holiday over there in Poland after you failed to order it when I ordered it, total BS, Poland had one holiday in August, it was the 15th and a Tuesday lol.

Fiberglass is easy to work with! You want to sell me the wing OP? Ill fix it, paint it and toss it on my car!!

Thanks man but I don't think I would feel right doing that, my bodyman said he could not guarantee it wouldn't crack again and I'd hate to have something happen to you or anybody else if it did. He said it was junk (his words not mine). I will see how this plays out but most likely cut it up and throw it away.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Slander is when you tell lies about someone, I just shared the truth of how this all went down. The wing apparently cracked as the air got to it, there's no way I could have known this was going to crack the next day, it was dry when I picked it up. And for that matter every review I read about that wing said the box was damaged but the wing was fine. And it looked to be fine when I inspected it, so I signed. If you want to hide behind your disclaimer for selling a defective product, whatever man that's on you.

You never got back with me once, I always had to message you on FB and then you just give me lip service, you tell me they had a month long holiday over there in Poland after you failed to order it when I ordered it, total BS, Poland had one holiday in August, it was the 15th and a Tuesday lol.

Thanks man but I don't think I would feel right doing that, my bodyman said he could not guarantee it wouldn't crack again and I'd hate to have something happen to you or anybody else if it did. He said it was junk (his words not mine). I will see how this plays out but most likely cut it up and throw it away.
Hey im just down the hill from you here in Rancho Cucamonga, if you change your mind and want to sell it let me know!

·
Registered
219 Posts

I told you i was trying to get this taken care of and the option we got from the manufacturer was not what you wanted, i get a call from your bank, then this post here, then a report on the BBB.... really? I tried to help, and then this.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I told you i was trying to get this taken care of and the option we got from the manufacturer was not what you wanted, i get a call from your bank, then this post here, then a report on the BBB.... really? I tried to help, and then this.

You never did anything except forward me an email from CLC offering ridiculous solutions. I don't think I would have ever heard from you if I didn't send you a message first. You said give me some time and I gave you a week (you would never tell me how much time you needed after asking you several times) and I never heard a word from you and then when I message you, you don't respond. So I have to take matters into my own hands, I told you straight up what I was going to do and you said, I don't take kindly to threats and I told you it wasn't a threat it was a promise. I even offered to eat half of it and you never replied so don't give me the I tried to help BS, that's why you put in that disclaimer, so you don't have to take responsibility for the things you sell.
You can end this anytime you want, you know what to do. Or we can keep it going, I have all the time in the world.

·
Registered
219 Posts
You never did anything except forward me an email from CLC offering ridiculous solutions. I don't think I would have ever heard from you if I didn't send you a message first. You said give me some time and I gave you a week (you would never tell me how much time you needed after asking you several times) and I never heard a word from you and then when I message you, you don't respond. So I have to take matters into my own hands, I told you straight up what I was going to do and you said, I don't take kindly to threats and I told you it wasn't a threat it was a promise. I even offered to eat half of it and you never replied so don't give me the I tried to help BS, that's why you put in that disclaimer, so you don't have to take responsibility for the things you sell.
You can end this anytime you want, you know what to do. Or we can keep it going, I have all the time in the world.
That disclaimer has been on the site for over a yr, end of story

1 - 20 of 49 Posts