Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just bought a lightly used 14' ST3 last week and I am absolutely loving this car. The only issue that I know of is the rear washer isn't working. The fronts are working just fine and the rear one makes a sound, but only the wiper moves and no water. It looks like the squirter and doesn't have a hole?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
825 Posts
The tube carrying the water has to come all the way from the engine compartment. Most likely scenario is the tube has come off the motor nipple. Or the tube is pinched along the way from engine compartment to rear hatch. (most likely at the rear hatch hinge IMO)
I do not know if the rear uses a separate motor? or some sort of valve to send the water to the back.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tube carrying the water has to come all the way from the engine compartment. Most likely scenario is the tube has come off the motor nipple. Or the tube is pinched along the way from engine compartment to rear hatch. (most likely at the rear hatch hinge IMO)
I do not know if the rear uses a separate motor? or some sort of valve to send the water to the back.

I ran the rear washer for maybe 10 secs and didn't notice any fluid under that car, so I bet the tube is kinked somewhere... great

·
Registered
168 Posts
This happened to me last year after I got my car last October. The fluid has a long way to go through a small line and most likely needs to travel all the way to the nozzle. Just keep pushing back the arm until it comes out. The pump won't burn out as long as you have fluid in the reservoir. Don't do it for 10 seconds, do it for a minute. It will start to drip then gush out like you hit a mermaid's g-spot.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Hey guys,

I just bought a lightly used 14' ST3 last week and I am absolutely loving this car. The only issue that I know of is the rear washer isn't working. The fronts are working just fine and the rear one makes a sound, but only the wiper moves and no water. It looks like the squirter and doesn't have a hole?

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Hi TwinTurbo95,

Has this been taken care of since your last post? I recommend setting up an appointment with your dealer, if you haven't already. Once you do, please let me know, along with your mileage. I'll check out some options.

Meagan

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
You have to push the lever forward for the rear wash. pull it to you for the front wash.
The nozzle for the back is centered on the rear wing

·
Super Moderator
9,786 Posts
I ran the rear washer for maybe 10 secs and didn't notice any fluid under that car, so I bet the tube is kinked somewhere... great
The line runs through the roof, so if it is disconnected up there you will know it fairly quickly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I do see in the rear wing were the nozzle is. When I push the lever forward the rear wiper starts moving, but of course, no fluid. I haven't been able to see any liquid dripping from under the car, nor is anything wet inside. Weird.

Does the front and rear washers use the same pump and reservoir?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
My fronts quit working a few weeks ago. I took the liner off in the hood and found one line popped off the washer jet. If it's disconnected it may be up front

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Yes, it is the same reservoir & pump. Hose could be off, crimped, loose or blocked.
Hope you find the problem
Good luck.

Yada, yada, yada you got the message via FocusSTorg

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Yeah, I do see in the rear wing were the nozzle is. When I push the lever forward the rear wiper starts moving, but of course, no fluid. I haven't been able to see any liquid dripping from under the car, nor is anything wet inside. Weird.

Does the front and rear washers use the same pump and reservoir?

Thanks
Has this issue been resolved, TwinTurbo95? If not, have you had a chance to schedule an appointment with your Ford Dealer for diagnosis? Shoot me a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number - I'll look this over to see how I can help.

Nick

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not yet, I've been on vacation since last Friday. I'll try and call the dealer in Monday to get an appointment at up. I'll send you a pm.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I didn't know there was a rear washer nozzle until reading this thread. Tried mine this morning and nothing. Though I heard liquid flowing in the roof. I just held it for a second though so I'm thinking I'll try what campkin suggests. I just didn't want to soak my headliner or hatch. After owning a Taurus in which water that got into cabin air filter would soak my floor through the blower motor, all that liquid flow sounded ominous to me.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Not yet, I've been on vacation since last Friday. I'll try and call the dealer in Monday to get an appointment at up. I'll send you a pm.
Sounds good, TwinTurbo95 - I'll keep an eye out for your PM.

I didn't know there was a rear washer nozzle until reading this thread. Tried mine this morning and nothing. Though I heard liquid flowing in the roof. I just held it for a second though so I'm thinking I'll try what campkin suggests. I just didn't want to soak my headliner or hatch. After owning a Taurus in which water that got into cabin air filter would soak my floor through the blower motor, all that liquid flow sounded ominous to me.
Hey zorb58,

Were you able to get this resolved? If not, shoot over a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number. I'll look this over and see how I can help.

Nick

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds good, TwinTurbo95 - I'll keep an eye out for your PM.

Hey zorb58,

Were you able to get this resolved? If not, shoot over a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number. I'll look this over and see how I can help.

Nick
I got this worked out; I just wasn't holding it forward long enough. Thanks Nick!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know I fixed it. I removed the rear 3rd brake light and found the pinch in the hose near the nozzle. All is good now! Thanks!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know I fixed it. I removed the rear 3rd brake light and found the pinch in the hose near the nozzle. All is good now! Thanks!
Well that was easy lol

Yada, yada, yada you got the message via FocusSTorg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

Any ideas?

Thanks.
I had the same problem, the hose was pinched under a hinge bolt on the hatch door. If you open the hatch and pull down the ceiling material, You will see the path that the hose takes to the right. Mine was pinched (I’m assuming in factory) under the hinge bolt on the right side.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts