Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Rear wheel won't seat

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  DanM 
#1 ·
Tried putting my summer wheels back on (stock snowflakes), but my rear right wheel won't seat. After wrestling with it I pulled the wheel back off and noticed a small plastic lip on the OD of the center of the axle where the wheel should fit over. The plastic looks a bit beat up and deformed, and the outer diameter is too larger for the wheel inner diameter.

Anyone know what this part is called or how much it'll run me to get it fixed? Anyone else have this issue?

#8 ·
Thats the hub centering ring. It looks pretty beat up, not a bad idea to replace it. One way to prevent the rust getting on there is a product we use at work by castrol. Its called "hot paste", its a grey paste that you apply after you brush off the surface oxidation everytime you remove the wheel. I use it when I switch back and forth from my street wheel/tires to the autox wheel/tire combo. Wheels come off easy and the plastic hub ring always stays on the wheel. Castrol Optimal Paste TA - Silver Anti-Seize Paste Castrol - Thread Sealant - 000-043-305-08-MS56
Its basically an anti seize grease, any brand should be fine, but I like castrol because it applies thinner and stands up to heat really well. Its what is recommended for Benzs at my work. I use it daily and it really is a great product.

#10 · (Edited)
I use it on my st. A little goes a long way, just a nice thin coat is all thats needed. The product should last you forever. I have 4 oz of this stuff and working at the dealership this has lasted my 2 years so far. lol

here's an example of how much to apply. This is not a focus st, but you get the idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.