Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any suggestions for a replacement/upgrade for the lackluster stock rear view mirror?

·
Registered
825 Posts
The mirror covers 100% of the back window.
like my rear view up as high as it can go. And the St dual pivots tilts up just fine
Also, I took out the rear headrests on day one. They really block the rear view.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The mirror covers 100% of the back window.
like my rear view up as high as it can go. And the St dual pivots tilts up just fine
Also, I took out the rear headrests on day one. They really block the rear view.
This. I took my rear headrests out so I could lay the seats flat without pushing the passenger seat up a ton, and when I put them back up I was amazed at how much visibility I had without them. I wrapped them up and put them away, don't plan on putting them back any time soon.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but how do you get the stock mirror off the windshield?
It's held on with an adhesive. Heat it with a hair dryer and use either a razor blade or fishing line to pull up the adhesive. Fishing line would be my preference.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Isn't there a bracket that is glued to the windshield and mirror arm slips onto it? I don't want to take the bracket off, just the mirror from the bracket.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got a dash cam/backup cam rear view mirror for my F250 a year or so ago. I want to get another for the ST, since mine is a 2014 and didn't come with a backup cam. I don't "need" it, but it's handy. The mirror basically goes over the stock mirror, straddling it. It has a built in touch screen display you can use to adjust dashcam settings and review footage. Got it on amazon for $60-$80, I'll have to look it up.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I just replaced mine with a TM210 from Chaimberlain. It was an easy swap since it uses the existing wedge mount. I got it due to it having a built in garage door remote that operates similar to a Homelink mirror. The mirror also features a frameless design that fits the car nicely.

https://www.chamberlain.com/arq-universal-remote-control-frameless-mirror/p/TM210
Looks like it doesn't have the flip adjustment for day/night angle and it's definitely not auto-dimming, correct?

·
Registered
18 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts