Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today as I was driving to work I hit a manhole cover with the left side of my car, at the same time I heard a loud bang from the right rear. Fast forward to work I get the rear wheel off and see the Encino snapped in half due to rust. I looked for aftermarket links but couldn't really find any other than adjustable which I don't really want because I have no idea how to adjust them right. My question and recommendation is has anyone else ever had the links fail and if so what did you replace them with and I highly suggest anyone that runs their car in the winter checks the links in between the bushings on the control arm.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Today as I was driving to work I hit a manhole cover with the left side of my car, at the same time I heard a loud bang from the right rear. Fast forward to work I get the rear wheel off and see the Encino snapped in half due to rust. I looked for aftermarket links but couldn't really find any other than adjustable which I don't really want because I have no idea how to adjust them right. My question and recommendation is has anyone else ever had the links fail and if so what did you replace them with and I highly suggest anyone that runs their car in the winter checks the links in between the bushings on the control arm.
Mine haven’t failed but I just got these from TBPP.

As far as adjusting, AFAIK you just make them same length as stock ones, or so you can bolt to sway bar w/ suspension loaded.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cam someone with a newer st post a picture of their endlinks on the car

·
Registered
768 Posts
There’s a thread on here somewhere that contains info on a Moog part number for a F-150 that are super beefy and fit perfectly.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
There’s a thread on here somewhere that contains info on a Moog part number for a F-150 that are super beefy and fit perfectly.
keep in mind with the moog f150 endlinks, you have to enlarge the sway bar hole slightly for the endlink to fit. otherwise, its a great option and one that i am currently using with my steeda rear bar.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
keep in mind with the moog f150 endlinks, you have to enlarge the sway bar hole slightly for the endlink to fit. otherwise, its a great option and one that i am currently using with my steeda rear bar.
I have seen this, they are definitely an "upgrade" as far as thickness. Those bad boys aren't breaking

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I have seen this, they are definitely an "upgrade" as far as thickness. Those bad boys aren't breaking
no sir, and with ball joint type ends on both the sway bar and chassis mounting points, it allows for much better articulation than the OE FoST RSB endlink.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
no sir, and with ball joint type ends on both the sway bar and chassis mounting points, it allows for much better articulation than the OE FoST RSB endlink.
You mean the intentionally bound stock setup that is asking to throw you into a ditch with snap oversteer or snap like Tyler's? lol

·
Premium Member
13,884 Posts
Except the binding from the OEM rear sway bar is from the bar and bushings being squared off. The end links don't bind nearly as much as people think.

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Except the binding from the OEM rear sway bar is from the bar and bushings being squared off. The end links don't bind nearly as much as people think.

agreed. they dont bind nearly as much, and the average driver may not even notice any difference. when you are competing at a higher level, you want to minimize as many variables as you can.

·
Premium Member
13,884 Posts
My suspension is composed of YCW coilovers with 6K front and 7K rear springs, Strano rear bar with massive endlinks, massive rear camber and toe arms and TB Performance strut tower bar. I have all but elinited the snap oversteer. It can still occur but I have to be really overdriving the car and tires for it to happen.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
i still had snap oversteer with the strano bar and the steeda endlinks and that was with the softer mountune clubsport suspension. now that im on the b8/swifts and the steeda rsb and the f150 endlinks the rear is still very loose but more predictable. Front camber is my limiting factor now, but considering I am either winning, or hundreths of a second in 2nd place from a runner up at nats in stx, im happy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts