Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done anything to change or remove the awful rubber pieces that the bottom of the license plate pops into? I hate them and want them gone.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Has anyone done anything to change or remove the awful rubber pieces that the bottom of the license plate pops into? I hate them and want them gone.
I'll admit. They are pretty horrendous and my plate/plate cover doesn't sit flush because it pops "off" of the rubber things then sits above them. You could just remove them and replace them with 2 more bolts I imagine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Always could just take them out. I just wonder if the holes they are in are threaded.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Reactions: Toneloc427

·
Registered
251 Posts
I pulled the rubber plugs, put in nylons to the the square holes and use 4 screws to mount my plates. They never rattle.

·
Registered
395 Posts
mine was missing one from the time I purchased the car

still havent replaced it,

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I removed the rubber plugs, and inserted two new plastic screw receivers so now my plate is held on by 4 screws instead of two which is how every damn car should come so that the plate is not flop d!cking around and rattling...

you can buy a pair of screws and universal plastic screw nuts at any car parts place for like $2.

IMG_20170321_141648.jpg

it worked so good, I did the same thing to my wife's Escape the next day*!

*full disclosure: the next day, I actually then removed my top screw insert nuts and used those in the wife's Escape, and then used the new ones for the top of my car so that way I had 4 all new AND matching nylon screw insert nuts(not pictured).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts