Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
That's understandable, and I apologize for the misunderstanding. We will get more info on the site for clarification on who to contact

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I dunno, in RDC's defense any product inquiries I would have contacted the founder / owner not the autobody tech..

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Wow! This dude needs to chill. Words like attack are a bit extreme. I don't see any attacks. This dudes trippin.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Wow! This dude needs to chill. Words like attack are a bit extreme. I don't see any attacks. This dudes trippin.
Say what you guys want, a potential customer wants to hear this
That's understandable, and I apologize for the misunderstanding. We will get more info on the site for clarification on who to contact
NOT this "I didn't knew you existed. You didn't send me an email. Oh well you're wrong because you emailed the incorrect person. (autobody tech, with an autobody question)." How am I at fault here?? The customer is always right, unless you don't want to make money.

Scenario 2 (same dilemma, further explanation):
Burnboy enters an auto shop and walks up to the counter where a few employees are standing. Burnboy patiently waits but the employees ignore his greetings and act as if he is nonexistent. Burnboy waits a week and noticed that those employees have attended to other customers during that time but did not care to aid him in purchasing their goods/services. Burnboy returns to the store, frustrated with his previous experience and expresses his dissatisfaction. Instead of apologizing for Burnboy's bad experience, the employees respond with "I didn't even know you were here, I couldn't hear your question," and "Don't ask autobody questions to our autobody tech, he is doing other work." Afterwards, the other customers in the store approach Burnboy and accuse him of "trippin" and that he was wrong for wanting customer service. End scene. This is EXACTLY what happened with RDC.

If RDC came back to this thread and simply said "I apologize for the misunderstanding, we accidentally overlooked this thread and your email got sent to the wrong person. The piece uninstalls like this... and the new product installs like this..." I WOULD HAVE ALREADY GIVEN THEM MY MONEY!

So to the people who are criticizing, if you don't understand how the situation I explained above^ is ****ty for a customer, good luck working in an industry where you are selling to clients/customers because you will fall flat on your face. Great products sell once, great customer service creates loyalty and multiple purchases among customers.

RDC, thanks for your apology, now I know I should contact you through PM directly.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
And I'd do business with mike again and again. If there was a product I wanted needed

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
As I said I do apologize for the inconvenience. But yes for any product info or auto body tech questions, please contact me direct.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Since working in customer services for many years ... I have learned one thing. There is nothing more annoying the a customer who thinks they are entitled. And when things don't go perfect, they fly off the handle and tell all their friends about how said company is like Nazi Germany and should be burned with fire. What you find is CSAs are people too ... and they don't like helping people who treat them like that (not saying that's what you are doing, obviously I am exaggerating significantly).

Having said that, yes, there were clear misunderstandings and missed communications. RDC has apologized for transgressions, remedied them, and is ready to assist you further (and in a very professional manner I might add). In the future, if you want someone specific to see your forum post, just mention them, then there can be no doubt.

I am not trying to attack you at all, I just feel everyone should take a moment to look at the situation from the Vendor side. Remember they are not telepathic, and since RDC is a small company, they probably don't have a lot of failsafes in place to guard against missing emails/messages etc.

I guess my point is to cut them a little slack, they are people too. My trick when I am upset with some kind of service is to pretend they are someone I know, works pretty good!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Since working in customer services for many years ... I have learned one thing. There is nothing more annoying the a customer who thinks they are entitled. And when things don't go perfect, they fly off the handle and tell all their friends about how said company is like Nazi Germany and should be burned with fire. What you find is CSAs are people too ... and they don't like helping people who treat them like that (not saying that's what you are doing, obviously I am exaggerating significantly).

Having said that, yes, there were clear misunderstandings and missed communications. RDC has apologized for transgressions, remedied them, and is ready to assist you further (and in a very professional manner I might add). In the future, if you want someone specific to see your forum post, just mention them, then there can be no doubt.

I am not trying to attack you at all, I just feel everyone should take a moment to look at the situation from the Vendor side. Remember they are not telepathic, and since RDC is a small company, they probably don't have a lot of failsafes in place to guard against missing emails/messages etc.

I guess my point is to cut them a little slack, they are people too. My trick when I am upset with some kind of service is to pretend they are someone I know, works pretty good!
Yes, but what everyone doesn't seem to understand is that I already said I appreciated their apology and I am over it!

Problem: I tried to communicate and got no response in multiple channels. Waiting patiently they communicated with others but not me. I understand how that can easily be done, but cut me some slack, how am I supposed to not feel not cared for when something like that happens? I was frustrated, probably overreacted and then RDC told me that they didn't know I existed, accused me of lying about emailing them, and then told me I was wrong about who I talked to. So not only did I feel attacked, I felt stupid because he just said, "Oh, well your fault for contacting the wrong person." Not once during this time did he apologize. So I further explained my situation, then he decided to be professional. Which I completely appreciate.

Sorry, I do feel like if I am going to give someone my money I am entitled to good customer service and the answer to a simple question. I don't think that is asking for much.

Burnboy, if you had a vendor tell you didn't exist, accuse you of lying, and then make you feel stupid for emailing the incorrect person (unknowingly) and you decided to throw your money at them..... lol. I'm glad you have had nothing but good experiences with Mike, however.

I had a bad first experience with the company and I don't understand how people think I am a bad guy.

Sorry everyone, done ranting. All I wanted was to be treated like an appreciated customer. Mike, thanks again for the apology, no worries and I am sorry if I overreacted.

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Waiting for my replacement, although ill be in europe after tomorrow until the 24th. Hopefully it finds its way to me while im gone.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts