Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So like my last thread like a year ago, I got the idea to do a rear diffuser that wasn't offered the way I wanted to do it, so I decided to make one. Originally I want to cut the stock rear valence and fit a diffuser inside of it, (which I may still do) but decided to do this for the time being. Again I know this isn't for everyone but I decided I might as well share.
20160629_143934710_iOS.jpg
Started as a cardboard template like usual, do find the dimensions and such and mounting points
20160702_125714150_iOS.jpg
After making it to the right dimensions (aluminum but I might make it with something else in the future)
20160702_162153848_iOS.jpg
Probably the most difficult part was making a brace for the diffuser and finding where to mount (don't mind the exhaust tips plastic wrapped around it and melted :( )
Rear Diffuser 1.jpg Rear Diffuser 2.jpg Rear Diffuser 3.jpg
Some finsihed pictures afterward, doesn't stick out far, just enough for my liking and I hope you enjoy, Next thing to tackle will be the front lip.... again
Rear Diffuser 5.jpg
Update... Cut the edges to contour the body line and pinched the middle to make a tight fit around the exhaust tips and cut the fins down an inch
Rear Diffuser 6.jpg

·
Registered
395 Posts
looks great!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Definitely looks aggressive. Have any trouble with ground clearance/scraping?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any advice for someone trying to do that for a fun weekend project?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
I'd say take your time because it'll take some hours and measure alot before you do anything, but after that it's pretty straight forward

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Can you post a couple more pics of your wing? Its really cool. How did you mount it also? Made of aluminum too Im guessing?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts