Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I tried looking for it yesterday lol...my bad. Thanks though
No problem! The Kona Blue IMO limits you at black only unless you have the blue/red theme going on..but they look incredible on my Performance Blue ST in black.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Well how is it?! Which series?
With my Depo Catless DP, it's basically sex.

Seriously though sounds absolutely incredible. Drone is subjective to everyone, but I haven't heard any at all in the 100 miles I've endured with the exhaust already. People say it drones uphill but I listen to music at roughly 45-50% in my car (which passengers don't think is loud) and even uphill it doesn't "drone" to me. Can I hear it? Yes. Does it hurt my ears or "vibrate the air" (which is what I consider drone)? No. It's perfect. And it's the best 4 cylinder exhaust system I've driven or been in.

The fitment needs tweaked a tad and fitting a 3" system into the space our car gives us down there is difficult regardless of brand, but the MBRP system is slightly to the right and touching the bumper on the top. So it will need adjusted down and left slightly, but with the incredible price I paid with Aristocrat Autosport, the free overnight shipping, and packaging quality, and the quality of the system (which I inspected thoroughly) it was WELL worth the price I paid.

Edit: To elaborate further on sound. At idle it's a tame docile growl. At cruising 60 it's hardly noticeable, but it IS noticeable which is awesome. Cruising 80, same thing. 6th gear I can hear it and tell it's there, but it's just a tame growl...no drone...it isn't loud...perfect. If you give it some gas or downshift and give it some gas it immediately comes to life, but remains non eardrum shattering. At WOT however it is just intoxicating...doesn't hurt your ears..but it right below that point. So it's loud like I want my performance oriented car to be when I'm hauling a55. My street bike is at that ear hurting level, and that sounds like sex too...it just hurts to get on it if you aren't wearing proper ear protection LOL.

Edit again: Oops, it's the XP series. 409ss. I opted for 409 because nobody sees under the car...so shiny 304 is irrelevant, and the PA winters eat 409 in 8 years on average...so with me spraying under my car often in the winter to clean salt off it'll last long enough for me for the price I paid.

·
Registered
660 Posts
With my Depo Catless DP, it's basically sex.

Seriously though sounds absolutely incredible. Drone is subjective to everyone, but I haven't heard any at all in the 100 miles I've endured with the exhaust already. People say it drones uphill but I listen to music at roughly 45-50% in my car (which passengers don't think is loud) and even uphill it doesn't "drone" to me. Can I hear it? Yes. Does it hurt my ears or "vibrate the air" (which is what I consider drone)? No. It's perfect. And it's the best 4 cylinder exhaust system I've driven or been in.

The fitment needs tweaked a tad and fitting a 3" system into the space our car gives us down there is difficult regardless of brand, but the MBRP system is slightly to the right and touching the bumper on the top. So it will need adjusted down and left slightly, but with the incredible price I paid with Aristocrat Autosport, the free overnight shipping, and packaging quality, and the quality of the system (which I inspected thoroughly) it was WELL worth the price I paid.

Edit: To elaborate further on sound. At idle it's a tame docile growl. At cruising 60 it's hardly noticeable, but it IS noticeable which is awesome. Cruising 80, same thing. 6th gear I can hear it and tell it's there, but it's just a tame growl...no drone...it isn't loud...perfect. If you give it some gas or downshift and give it some gas it immediately comes to life, but remains non eardrum shattering. At WOT however it is just intoxicating...doesn't hurt your ears..but it right below that point. So it's loud like I want my performance oriented car to be when I'm hauling a55. My street bike is at that ear hurting level, and that sounds like sex too...it just hurts to get on it if you aren't wearing proper ear protection LOL.

Edit again: Oops, it's the XP series. 409ss. I opted for 409 because nobody sees under the car...so shiny 304 is irrelevant, and the PA winters eat 409 in 8 years on average...so with me spraying under my car often in the winter to clean salt off it'll last long enough for me for the price I paid.
:whs:

I have the CNT Catless DP with the MBRP catback and it is total panty dropping material. My taint gets moist listening to that awesome exhaust!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
:whs:

I have the CNT Catless DP with the MBRP catback and it is total panty dropping material. My taint gets moist listening to that awesome exhaust!
:eek: Oh my hahaha

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm helping a coworker install them on his '16 ST1. I'll post pics when we get it installed!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I'm helping a coworker install them on his '16 ST1. I'll post pics when we get it installed!
I didn't listen to the "have a friend stand behind you to ensure they are properly lined up" step and did great myself in the muddy wet driveway of mine lol. Only one fin isn't lined up perfectly, but it isn't noticeable.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Had our MBRP for a few months , love it. Sound is the way this car should be. Low throaty sexa. Done some high speed mountain curves, 11 miles with 137 curves. High speed straight aways 130 mph. No matter where or how you run the engine, the gears it sounds great ????

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Reactions: brian60
1 - 19 of 19 Posts