Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I've got a 14 ST3 with 25k miles. On both sides, the pads only seem to be contacting about half of the rotor. It's been this way for a year or so, maybe more. Any idea what's wrong? Should I expect this to not be covered under general warranty and just get the rotors turned and replace the pads? Attached are pictures of the rotors and a pad - both sides look nearly identical.

IMG_6637.JPG IMG_6638.JPG IMG_6639.JPG

·
Registered
152 Posts
Pads look like they don't have a lot of material left on them and the rear rotors are sooo cheap paying someone to turn them doesn't make sense.
You could try to clean up the rear rotors by stopping the car using the parking brake from 50 kph (30 mph), do it gradually and don't forget to put the car in neutral. You have to change the pads soon might as well change the rotors. Warranties are tricky when it comes to consumables, this "damage" was caused by the environment that you live in and the lack of driving it's not a faulty part from ford.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Get some inexpensive centric pads, and new rotors, and call it a day. This isn't a manufacturing defect nor premature wear

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a new 2017 ST with only 2000 miles and I'm starting to notice uneven wear on my rotors but only on the rear. Let us know if what you repairs you made and if it helps before my rear rotors get too bad. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts