Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just went out to start my car, its been sitting for maybe 4 hours, its about 84° here and it was fine driving it all day. When i started it i decided to turn my ac off since i didnt need it and the car freaked out. My idle was going from 100rpm to 1500rpm and the car was jerking and shaking horribly, when i say shaking and jerking it felt like all 4 cylinders were misfiring at once and it had a crazy cam in it. Just wondering if anyone has had anything like this before. No cel and no codes, i reflashed my tune (unleashed 93) and did a kam reset and now its fine. It sounds normal and pulls normal. I did a datalog, just waiting for my tuner to reply.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Sounds like another owner with the dreaded crap wiring harness problem. Despite what Ford would like us to believe, the new wiring harnesses aren't a whole helluva lot better than the '13/'14 ones.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yup, that's almost definitely the wiring harness from what I've seen. That's a warranty claim for sure, but do your research on it still because I feel like I've seen people have had problems with the harness recall fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts