Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive tire Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Awesome! I'm pissed I didnt get any track days in yet this season. I may try and do a bonus after thanksgiving day one (last of the year) if all works out. Anyway, Have a great time and let us know how the ST performed!!

Reactions: ST1Dale

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! I'm pissed I didnt get any track days in yet this season. I may try and do a bonus after thanksgiving day one (last of the year) if all works out. Anyway, Have a great time and let us know how the ST performed!!
The weather was good for this area, in the 80s, usually on the high 90s. The car felt strong, only a Z06 supercharged LT4 and a Camaro ZL1 LT4 managed go around me. The red Civic type R on the photo was not match for the ST. It was full of mods, wider wheels and tires, lowered. I tried adding a gallon of E85 to the full tank,not issues. Coolant 212F , oil 232F at most. Still having issues with the front brakes, now completely glazed rotors. Goodyear F1 don't want to die, getting very slippery, can't wait to replace it.

Reactions: beretta96

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
What track did you have this event? Have you done anything to cool the front brakes? What pads are you using?

I did my first track day back in my '18 ST3 (Stage 2) in February. I replaced the brake lines with Galfer, and Pads with the Yellows(found out later they are not the choice pad), Motul 600 Fluid, removed the front dust shields, and with Sport Mode off (holding the button down). I am by no means an expert, but raced SCCA and NASA back in the early 2000's, so this was a fun day only on a track I am well versed in, Thunderhill Raceway.

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What track did you have this event? Have you done anything to cool the front brakes? What pads are you using?

I did my first track day back in my '18 ST3 (Stage 2) in February. I replaced the brake lines with Galfer, and Pads with the Yellows(found out later they are not the choice pad), Motul 600 Fluid, removed the front dust shields, and with Sport Mode off (holding the button down). I am by no means an expert, but raced SCCA and NASA back in the early 2000's, so this was a fun day only on a track I am well versed in, Thunderhill Raceway.
In using the Power Stop Z26, no issues with them, I already have 4 events with them and still looks like new. All the nannies are off. Still reaching 650F on front. The rears are fine, only 250F there. Motul 600 since I cooked everything else. The only thing I haven't done it's removing the dust shields. With that temp and pressure I'm glazing those rotors very fast. I should have a big brake kit installed for next season. I'm track on Harris Hill Raceway.

Reactions: Smokin' Joe

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
. I'm track on Harris Hill Raceway.
I've been there a couple times. That track is awesome! Haven't run the ST there, but I would take my WRX there. They did a rally course one year and had an NASA 2 day event there (intro to stage rallies). Such a rad crowd there =D

Reactions: STallion18
1 - 6 of 6 Posts