Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day fellow ST people!! :question:

So check this out, after installing an MBRP 3'' catless DP I noticed that under load something seems to rattle or grind (Grind is a little harsh of a word to use). It's especially noticeable if I start from first on a hill and less noticeable during something like a third gear pull. I've heard that the little mounting forks on the bottom of the DP can rub against the cross member. Anybody ever had this issue?

·
Registered
616 Posts
This pops up every few months and it appears to always be the hanger rods hitting the frame. You probably need to crawl under the car and cut the down.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

So check this out, after installing an MBRP 3'' catless DP I noticed that under load something seems to rattle or grind (Grind is a little harsh of a word to use). It's especially noticeable if I start from first on a hill and less noticeable during something like a third gear pull. I've heard that the little mounting forks on the bottom of the DP can rub against the cross member. Anybody ever had this issue?
It may be that the "buttons" on the 2 arms of the down pipe hanger are hitting the cross member in front of it. Several of us have had this issue. I solved mine by trimming them back a 1/4".

·
Registered
222 Posts

Had this same issue and it was the lower mount, thankfully it's an easy fix with a cutting wheel and about 5 min. I took about 3/8" off each arm and it's been fine since.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine rattles on deceleration and when Im starting to go in first gear with some resistance I hear a rubbing/squeaking sound. I'm assuming it's the hangars rubbing on the cross member because they're touching. Ill have to cut it a little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts