Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, my car has developed a weird rattle/vibration during deceleration. It starts around 2100 rpm and goes until about 1900 rpm. There are no issues during acceleration at these rpms, or while cruising at these rpms. The issue is only present when I am totally off the gas pedal.

To me, it sounds like the exhaust rattling against something so I plan on getting under the car to inspect it this weekend. The reason I thought to bring it here would be to see if anyone had come across this issue before? Any specific areas to check?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Look over this part. The rubber bushings on mine wore out and I had a rattle at low rpm's. It holds the dp where it connects to the exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look over this part. The rubber bushings on mine wore out and I had a rattle at low rpm's. It holds the dp where it connects to the exhaust.

Thanks!

I will definitely check there. I plan on starting at that point actually, and working my way back checking the exhaust and heat shields. How many miles did you have when the bushings wore out?

·
Registered
408 Posts
This happened about 2 months ago. I was at 65k. I have a 2013

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah ok. Hopefully it isnt the bushings, I'm only at 22k on my 2016

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, stock DP

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thanks!

I will definitely check there. I plan on starting at that point actually, and working my way back checking the exhaust and heat shields. How many miles did you have when the bushings wore out?
I removed my bi turbo setup thinking I had tranny problems... low and behold it was the damn bracket

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
789 Posts
I am on 65k too same issue so I guess its this part? anyone has a part number?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts