Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Please rate your ST overall.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ST1
1,030 Posts
I give it a 4. Fit & finish inside & out aren't what I'd hoped they'd be, but it could be worse (Cobalt). Hood gap & hatch rattle are nicely offset by the smiles this car can generate. This is the first car I've really loved since my V6 Sundance. Smiles-per-gallon were very high in that car, and it never darkened the door of a service department, so that car will probalby always be the yardstick I use to measure everything else.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I voted a 4. If they could work out all the bugs, it's a 5 for sure. Most fun car to drive that I've ever had.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Three so far. Need more time with her..

·
Registered
84 Posts
4 for now..... Maybe 5 once the RMM TSB is performed... Will also need to evaluate the car performance in deep snow!

·
Registered
272 Posts
3. Fit and finish is poor. I will not buy another Ford anytime soon. Still own the stock, but if it weren't doing so well I'd dump it in protest!

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would have brought that up during the pickup inspection. My TB ST3 was perfect in both fit and finish. I told the salesman I would not settle for anything less and he made sure they went over it completely before I came to pick it up. No gaps and the paint is perfect. My next vehicle will definitely be yet another Ford.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
4.5/5 for me... Had it not been for the trans work I needed done after 4k miles I would be giving a five most likely... The new trans is holding up just fine though. Other than that hiccup this car is fantastic for me, no rattles or issues at all at closing in on 11k and 10 months of ownership. It seems to be breaking in even more now and getting smoother and better gas mileage :) I love this car, my previous 2006 zx4 focus being a 4.2 if I had to rate it... I loved that car and had zero issues whatsoever.

All in all, this is a high rating for me, and will likely be a benchmark in my car buying lifetime ;) that said, the RS would probably be the next benchmark... Lol

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I gave the car a 4/5, because frankly the car isn't perfect. But don't take that the wrong way at ALL, sometimes before bed I peak out the front window just to grab a glimpse of her sleeping. Things like the RMM are an annoying issue (one I'll be going aftermarket to fix), an LSD would have been nice (but not a big complaint), brake dust fml, but so far that's about it. This car screams aftermarket, as soon as I get over my warranty fears she'll be a 6/5.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'd say 4.25 for me, After Cobb AP I'd say 4.75. It's not a full 5 because the front hood gap bugs me, and MFT isn't that great, nav is slow to enter/search locations. Overall driving experience is so fun though that I'll forgive Ford for those.

·
Registered
574 Posts
No one has voted with one star? I was sure Thurstin would of vote by now! I voted 4 stars on this scale. Service is what messed up that fifth star. I really like the car I just don't love it. But in 17 years of driving and 14 cars I have loved one car and it was one of the least expensive and that was my SRT-4 it always made me smile! but I have grown up. I need a GTR!! lol haha

·
Registered
921 Posts
4. Sync/mft. The mechanical weaknesses in the car are alright. Every car has them and its fun to upgrade them. The head unit is a pain to upgrade while keeping a stock appearance though.

·
Registered
638 Posts
5 stars here
It is what I expected, only with a higher fun factor. It is a competent daily driver, a fun and comfortable road car, and with the seats down I can match most small SUVs for cargo carrying ability.
I like the gadgets, love the Recarros, and I have had no trouble with mine whatsoever in the first 12K miles.
My only gripes; they should have put the Ford Racing intake and shifter on from the factory, but those are very minor things to me.
I am having more fun with this car than I have had with any car in years.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
1500 miles on it now. The springs are initially weak, after the first bit of body roll it holds firm and begs to be leaned on. But that initial roll is very disconcerting. At the ST academy portion of the Eco Boost Challenge I was able to drive the Fiesta ST to within a couple of tenths per lap. Fiesta ST suspension was taken to a slightly higher level than the Focus ST, WHY?

I knew at least springs and sway bar upgrades were in my future before I bought it. I was recently in the Steeda Focus ST and my Lat G meter had us at .99 sustained in a cul de sac on stock tires (I live right near their GA facility). So 5-600 bucks it will be a 5.

MY MFT works great, Navi menu layout is little cumbersome but no horrible. Fit and finish are great to me.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
6 stars.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts