Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Weird issue i have random electrics out, windows, mirrors, heater/climate control and bonnet open message on dash, temp gauge blank and frost symbol showing.

Ive checked fuses and seem ok, is it likely a specific relay?

Ive had a few quotes from auto electric companies and its not looking cheap.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
How old is your battery. Random, weird things begin occurring with the ST when the battery starts to go bad.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Gonna have to agree with @beretta96 on this one. My buddy's ST would randomly start and then lose all Interior electronics. It even started throwing PCM error codes. It turned out the battery terminal, even though it was tight and wouldn't move... Wasn't making a good connection. We replaced the terminal and boom, car started every time. Also check the mega fuses in front of the battery box.

Sent from my OnePlus 6 using Tapatalk

• 2017 Focus ST • ST1 • Kona Blue • Sync 3 Upgrade with HD Radio & Sirius XM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive tested fuses and mega fuses, they seem ok and also tested battery, it reads as just under 12v off is that a sign of a bad battery? I just read it shouldnt be lower than 12.6v off. I bought the car nearly nearly 3 years ago and have not changed the battery so no idea how old it is

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ive tested fuses and mega fuses, they seem ok and also tested battery, it reads as just under 12v off is that a sign of a bad battery? I just read it shouldnt be lower than 12.6v off. I bought the car nearly nearly 3 years ago and have not changed the battery so no idea how old it is
Yup time for a new battery!

Sent from my OnePlus 6 using Tapatalk

• 2017 Focus ST • ST1 • Kona Blue • Sync 3 Upgrade with HD Radio & Sirius XM

·
Registered
50 Posts
Pretty sure i recall a Ford Tech on here saying they highly suggest changing the battery every 3 years, compared to the standard 5 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
TothepainST
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing