Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although my intro sounds like an 80's Pop Band, it's actually quite fitting. lol

45 years old, two kids, an awesome wife and a newly acquired 2014 Focus ST pre-modded.

My past five vehicles have consisted of four Hyundai's and a Kia (over the past 20 years). I loved them all. Slow and reliable, but not exciting.

After several dealerships and test driving several stock STs, I came across an ST (w/ ST3 package) that was like no others.

Unfortunately, I'm not even sure how modded this thing is.

What I do know is that it has a cold air intake, a blow off valve (haven't seen it, but I can hear it), and a DC Sports exhaust.

I'd love to know the full extent of the mods, but I'm definitely not taking it to a dealership to find out. So, I'm learning as I go (thank goodness for YouTube).

I'll likely be more of a lurker (absorbing all your knowledge), but I felt it would be polite to at least let you know I'm watching. ;-)

·
Administrator
12,234 Posts
Although my intro sounds like an 80's Pop Band, it's actually quite fitting. lol

45 years old, two kids, an awesome wife and a newly acquired 2014 Focus ST pre-modded.

My past five vehicles have consisted of four Hyundai's and a Kia (over the past 20 years). I loved them all. Slow and reliable, but not exciting.

After several dealerships and test driving several stock STs, I came across an ST (w/ ST3 package) that was like no others.

Unfortunately, I'm not even sure how modded this thing is.

What I do know is that it has a cold air intake, a blow off valve (haven't seen it, but I can hear it), and a DC Sports exhaust.

I'd love to know the full extent of the mods, but I'm definitely not taking it to a dealership to find out. So, I'm learning as I go (thank goodness for YouTube).

I'll likely be more of a lurker (absorbing all your knowledge), but I felt it would be polite to at least let you know I'm watching. ;-)
Yes, be the sponge in the shadows, absorbing all that you can.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome to the party, pal! I'm 44, married, a 6 year old, and 4 dogs. The ST is both fun and practical. It will treat you well if you also do the same for it. Have fun and enjoy the ride!

Reactions: chronos

·
Administrator
12,234 Posts
Good to see we have such a strong Tri-state area presence here. :)
It is quite the ST dense area. I slacked big time on meets this year, but next year we should be running quite a few between brewery meets and normal meets. So i will probably catch you around at some point.

Oh, and there are very few things i dont know about this platform/aftermarket/maint. Feel free to shoot me a pm if you are stuck or what not.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I have family in the Newtown/Yardley area (my brother's family and my father), so I'm out there from time to time.

I'll have to keep an eye out for the meet-ups.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I grew up in Trenton ( not far from Halo Farms). I know Papa's Tomato Pies quite well.

I love some DeLorenzo's in Robbinsville as well., but never visited their Trenton location (always seemed ridiculously busy).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts