Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know of the really expensive offerings, but the more budget friendly stuff i know theres BC, yellowsport makes a gravel rally coilover, flatout makes some.... what other options are there? i come from an offroad baja racing background and i live where the roads are fun but theyre often kinda beat. i get snow too...i will be running two sets of wheel tires for the seasons. just want a adjustable coilover setup thats stock hieght or a lil higher. help? thanks in advance.
18 focus st built motor big turbo aux fuel etc. and all the chassis bracing. just need nice squishies lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
I went through a pretty rough time getting the yellow speed racing gravel kit... The lowest setting was like 5" of wheel gap in the rear & 9" in the front! It was almost impossible to remove the fronts from the car. Due to the ridiculous statements made by the team in Taiwan, I sent them back & the US distributor had to eat the loss. He's a good guy, and after some other feedback from previous purchases on that same kit I think he stopped selling them. Plus, YSR said they were no longer going to be adjustable. That is one I would steer clear from. Also there were CV issues reported for having the height set so tall.

I settled on something else from them to try and be fair, but definitely not what I wanted, so keep shopping around. Almost everything is for tarmac. Not too many options out there for our platform, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There’s a thread over on focus rs forums called “lifting the rs” that go over some options. The YSR don’t seem to pan out.

I lifted my focus st with a custom kit from feal that is a modified version of their 441+ max travel kit with swift springs. Instead of -1 to +1 I went with 0 to +3 inches and a softer spring rate. At their highest I can get about a 3-4 inch lift and at their lowest they are about stock height. I’ve only used them on the road so far and if I adjust the fronts too high I get CV issues. 2” of lift up front seems to be the sweet spot.

They are not inverted so they are not as strong as true rallycross coilovers like a rieger setup, but I only plan a little light off-roading with a setup that is extremely capable on the street. They adjust all the way down to stock height and I can always take off my all-terrains and put a performance summer tire on them.
So far I really like them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was actually lookin at Feal and thier options!....what spring rates did you end up going with? i was thinking like 6k front 8k rear to keep the 60/40 balance. i think the +-1" "maxtravel" option would work good for me. oh and what size tires you runnin in that picture?

There’s a thread over on focus rs forums called “lifting the rs” that go over some options. The YSR don’t seem to pan out.

I lifted my focus st with a custom kit from feal that is a modified version of their 441+ max travel kit with swift springs. Instead of -1 to +1 I went with 0 to +3 inches and a softer spring rate. At their highest I can get about a 3-4 inch lift and at their lowest they are about stock height. I’ve only used them on the road so far and if I adjust the fronts too high I get CV issues. 2” of lift up front seems to be the sweet spot.

They are not inverted so they are not as strong as true rallycross coilovers like a rieger setup, but I only plan a little light off-roading with a setup that is extremely capable on the street. They adjust all the way down to stock height and I can always take off my all-terrains and put a performance summer tire on them.
So far I really like them.

View attachment 391348

View attachment 391349

1 - 5 of 5 Posts