Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Rally Armor UR Mudflaps installed! Presented by RallySport Direct

45K views 78 replies 36 participants last post by  Dabear95 
#1 ·

So, after a little bit of a wait, we decided on some mudflaps for the White Sheep ST. We wanted to get a great quality mudflap made from a durable material and something that would accent the car nicely. We know that Rally Armor has made really nice mudflaps for the Subaru enthusiasts for YEARS and we have always been a fan of their products so we decided to go with them.

We knew that they would be hard to come by as they are a new product so we decided to call up Rally Armor and see what they had available. They said they had some but they weren't shipping out for a week or so. We were heading that way anyway to attend the "Wicked Big Meet" in Connecticut so we told them we would swing by and grab a set. We wanted to give you guys a feel for them, and let you know how to install them.

Now with the two colors currently available from them (Black / Red, Black / Grey) we wanted something that would accent the existing parts that are on the car. So, being that we have anthracite Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3’s on the car, we decided on the black / grey set.

For more information on the RallyArmor UR mudflaps, click any of the images below, or click HERE!

This install was done on the floor with very minimal tools needed, so here’s a list of what we used:

1) Lug wrench (to pull the rear wheels off, the fronts stay on)
2) Flat tip screw driver
3) Phillips screw driver
4) T30 torx bit
5) Jack with jack stands.

Ok, so on to the install!

First things first, let’s take a look at just what comes in the package. Looks like some really nice mudflaps, install directions, and associated installation hardware.

Looks like there’s a LOT of hardware, but it’s not all that bad.

Ok, so the first step is to take the front fender liner retainer clips out, we’ll be removing the rear lower three retainer clips, just get a flat tip screw driver to pry the middle out and the whole clip will pull out of the fender

Now that those are out, pull the fender liner back and throw three of the round edge clips on these so the screws can thread into them:

Take the metal bracket and place it on the logo side of the mudflap and place it on the fender, you can see here that you will need one of the round edge clips on the lower inside hole of the metal bracket and use the washer and short screw to run through this location to help support the flap.

Now we can put the mudflap in place loosely for adjustment. Now you’ll want the mudflap parallel with the ground when installed so do your best to get it lined up before tightening down. Don’t forget the washers behind the screws used here

We can tighten them up once everything is all lined up and ready to go.

So, that’s it for the front, they look pretty good. Decent match to the wheels and seem to fit perfectly!

Now on to the back. These were just a bit more difficult than the front. I would say they took around twice as long to install than the fronts did. First thing you’ll want to do is get the back of the car in the air and put proper jack stands under to support it. Behind the wheel you will want to take the two t30 torx fasteners out. There is another hole that we have to make shown by the arrow in the image below. I just used a drill to open up a hole, make sure you make the hole big enough you have room to run the screw through and properly line up with the threads.

Take the two factory screw seats off shown here in the second picture you can see the hole where you need to place one of the three round edge clips that will be hidden behind the cover prior to drilling it out. After pulling the stock clips off, place three of the round edge clips in place

We can now mock up the mudflaps. You’ll want to run the long screw through with the metal support bracket on the label side, don’t forget the washers. Then you’ll need to place one of the long spacers and one of the shorter spacers between the mudflap and the mounting hole.

Now we can loosely place the mudflap to line it up before screwing it down

Now that we have it lined up, let’s screw it down! The push clips can go in now as well, the thin clip goes to the outside and clips into the support bracket, then the thick clip goes on the inside, shown here.

Ok, so that’s the rear, the rear flaps are a little bit wider than the fronts (which is preferred) and they look pretty good. What do you think?

The main reason we installed these flaps is to find out of they will help reduce the amount of debris and dust we get on the rear of the car. As you guys all know these little hatchbacks have a tendency to get a LOT of debris on the rear bumper and all over the back of the car. We will take some time and drive the car around, get some miles on it (we have a show in Nevada this weekend) and report back with our findings.

On another note, these things look a lot better than expected. They fit very well and the grey color accents the rest of the car nicely. Thanks for reading, hopefully this will help you out if you are going to install them on your car.

Thanks
Corby
RallySportDirect.com

See less See more
#69 ·
that was my justification for buying them. its cold and im lazy and dont feel like washing my car when its 20 something degress outside. they will keep it a little cleaner

#74 ·
Has anyone installed these on a car lowered on coilovers? I have my H&R coilovers as low as they will go, and am getting really tired of all the crap spraying on the sides of the car and the back of the hatch. I know I should go with RA since they are more floppy than the competition, but I don't want to be dragging these around while going about my daily commute. I also have speed bumps in my housing complex. Thoughts?

#75 ·
The speed bumps and other road hazards might pose a concern, but I don't think they would pose an issue with your daily drive. They might drag here and there, but they are designed with this in mind. They easily fold back, out of the way. White Sheep is on the pro kit from Eibach, now they aren't near as low as a set of coilovers all the way down, we have plenty of clearance with ours.

hope this helps

Corby

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.