Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced issues installing the rally armor ur broflaps on a 16+?

My black plastic clips do not appear to be large enough to fit the screws provided. Opened a ticket with rally armor and they are insisting I don't know how to install them. I have use fasteners for the front but they are wobbly and I can see them flying off.

Has anyone had this issue and if so what did you do or use as an alternative.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I can't go out and take pictures of mine atm at work, but why did you call them "ur broflaps" lmfao

·
Registered
16 Posts
Greg, I just installed my fronts from Rally Armor this past Monday, and will be installing the Rears on Saturday probably when I have time to take the wheel off. The screws (Large Medium and Small) all self tap their way into the plastic clips while you tighten. If you notice, they are not machine screws going into a previously tapped clip, the plastic clip has just a through hole to allow the screw to create its own threads as you tighten.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Ahh the ur is the rally armor ur(universal?) mud flaps. I just call them broflaps lol
Haha I was wondering. I know they have the Urethane universal models with the UR abbreviation, and they have "you are" in the description...and I have NO idea if the UR is supposed to be Urethane, Universal, or "you are" for some weird reason lol. I wasn't sure if you were making a reference to that.

Is there a reason you didn't get the Focus ST model flaps instead of universal? The ST flaps are really on there on my car. I don't have experience with the Universal ones

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greg, I just installed my fronts from Rally Armor this past Monday, and will be installing the Rears on Saturday probably when I have time to take the wheel off. The screws (Large Medium and Small) all self tap their way into the plastic clips while you tighten. If you notice, they are not machine screws going into a previously tapped clip, the plastic clip has just a through hole to allow the screw to create its own threads as you tighten.
So should it feel ridiculously hard to tighten? From videos I have seen it seems like butter and nobody has had the same struggle getting it through. I can try once more but it seems like they won't be threading.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had one specifically that felt like it wasn't going to go through, however using two hands on a manual screw driver, one for applying constant pressure to prevent stripping the screw, and the other applying the rotation I was able to install the hardware without issue. You could always attempt to run the screw into the plastic clip before attaching it to your car in an attempt to roughly tap those clips.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Haha I was wondering. I know they have the Urethane universal models with the UR abbreviation, and they have "you are" in the description...and I have NO idea if the UR is supposed to be Urethane, Universal, or "you are" for some weird reason lol. I wasn't sure if you were making a reference to that.

Is there a reason you didn't get the Focus ST model flaps instead of universal? The ST flaps are really on there on my car. I don't have experience with the Universal ones
Same. Install was a breeze with the ST-Specific set of Broflaps (I guess that's the new name for them from here forward). It's just plastic. I remember the screws being fairly tight to screw because they're self tapping. Just screw those badboys in.

·
Registered
651 Posts
So should it feel ridiculously hard to tighten? From videos I have seen it seems like butter and nobody has had the same struggle getting it through. I can try once more but it seems like they won't be threading.
I mean is the screw/plastic peice the same size as all the other ones that went in fine? It can be hard if it's on a funny angle or something. Just give it a little elbow grease and screw er in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts