Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m trying to find out what can I do next for more power. It’s got aftermarket intake no catts you can here the BOV. I don’t know what all has been done. I can definitely out run a lot of cars on the street. But I’m an Adrenaline Fanatic. I want to get more out of my car. Just don’t know what to do?

·
Super Moderator
8,431 Posts
I guess the easiest thing to ask is, how far from stock is my car? Or what all might have been done before I got it?
Start a fresh thread, get us pics of the engine bay, front end, back end, shifter, pedals, and we can start getting you a list of your mods.

Once we figure out what you have, then we can direct you. Also, you are most likely on stock tuning, so theres a ton on the table.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
471 Posts
Start a fresh thread, get us pics of the engine bay, front end, back end, shifter, pedals, and we can start getting you a list of your mods.

Once we figure out what you have, then we can direct you. Also, you are most likely on stock tuning, so theres a ton on the table.
I've only driven one ST with a tune on it, and that was when I was looking for an ST to purchase last year. Compared to my car with basically stage 3 mods and still stock tuning, it pulled WAY better, especially in 3rd. I can't wait to get a tune in the next few months. Just have to save up to get it.

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST
5 Posts
I have a question if anyone can help? I bought a 2016 Focus St Stage 2 with the Cobb option , or that’s what the sticker says. I found out after I bought the car that the motor in it is the 2nd motor from my dealership. I didn’t buy the car from the dealership. I also worked for Ford in a Assembly Plant for 6 years. After I bought the car it had overheating issues. They resolved that. Then it started again and this time it cost the dealership right at 4000$. I don’t have a Cobb tuner yet but I do run a Bluetooth OBDII with the pro version. I have checked my car over and over and produce right at 22lbs of boost. I have been back home for awhile and they only 91 octane instead of 93. Any thoughts from anyone?
Does it only overheat when using 91 octane? What upgraded parts are in it? The tunes are meant for one specific fuel type and you should switch the map before switching fuel types, but I understand why you cant do that. I would recommend getting an accessport and have the car tuned for your fuel type so you have the ability to switch maps. It could be overheating if there is a stage 3 tune on but with the stock intercooler.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts