Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thank you for this info. My first ST had no stickers and never even thought about it. My new one had 2 of 3 holes covered. I never would have noticed if I hadn't known to look.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Bump as some folks have been looking for this thread.
Good lookin out!! I just checked mine after reading this thread and sure enough there were 2 out of 3 still stuck on.. luckily here in SoCal we dont get much rain..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
I was wondering about the stickers too. Mine also has 2 of the stickers on them. Gonna' go rip them off right now! Thanks for the heads-up!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Given all the recent rust threads, I just checked my car (2016 with 6500 miles) and two of the three holes had stickers over them which I just removed.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Once again new owners are discovering these drain holes on their rear hatch covered with tape. Time to bump it again.

Pull 'em off!

·
Registered
407 Posts
2/3 on mine as well. I'm going to ask my dealer about it and try and get some clarification.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I wonder if there are similarly taped-off drain holes in the doors or anywhere else on the car.

I'd love to see a copy of the list of items that the dealership would be tasked with doing upon delivery.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks. I'd be curious as to why just about everyone has or had 2 of 3 still taped off.
Because dealers aren’t being thorough when they recieve cars from manufacturer..
I sent my dealer an email so hopefully I hear back soon. If this was 2 or 3 instances I'd be inclined to blame the dealer but 90% of people in this thread have 2/3 still covered which makes me think it's not the dealers. Either they are instructed to remove just 1, or maybe the factory removes 1 and the dealers don't remove any and are supposed to? Idk. It's just a little too strange almost everyone has 2/3.

Reactions: STeve16 and screzzy

·
Super Moderator
1,454 Posts
Thanks. I'd be curious as to why just about everyone has or had 2 of 3 still taped off.
Because dealers aren’t being thorough when they recieve cars from manufacturer..
I sent my dealer an email so hopefully I hear back soon. If this was 2 or 3 instances I'd be inclined to blame the dealer but 90% of people in this thread have 2/3 still covered which makes me think it's not the dealers. Either they are instructed to remove just 1, or maybe the factory removes 1 and the dealers don't remove any and are supposed to? Idk. It's just a little too strange almost everyone has 2/3.
I'd say it's a break down in communication from Ford.

Don't put it past them, they shipped the majority of Focus RS with the wrong head gaskets.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My car had the stickers still on it when I bought it last year. Luckily I removed them before it ever saw rain. My (guess) is they're put on there for transportation purposes. While on the train they could pass through an area with acid rain in which the slow drip could damage soft fresh paint. Maybe the factory leaves one off in an area that drains faster?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I wonder if there are similarly taped-off drain holes in the doors or anywhere else on the car.

I'd love to see a copy of the list of items that the dealership would be tasked with doing upon delivery.

I opened all of the side doors and looked for this same issue. I found that the doors of my new 2017 ST have the same shape drain holes as seen on the rear hatch (2 per door I think) and all of them were unobstructed (no tape).

Just FYI.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I had two of three covered also, pulled em off..

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just checked my 2018, picked up new Jan 2019. Surprise! 2 of 3 were covered (and immediately removed).

No one seems to have mentioned: the driver's side hole was open, the center and passenger side were covered. Maybe it's a build error; just doesn't make any sense. I can't believe Ford hasn't addressed this problem; either corrected it or advised why they do it. Surely they have been made aware of it!

41 - 60 of 61 Posts