Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Since there is so many people saying this...are we POSITIVE that's what they are for? Is there anyone who DOESN'T have them? I can't check right now

·
Registered
96 Posts
Since there is so many people saying this...are we POSITIVE that's what they are for? Is there anyone who DOESN'T have them? I can't check right now
I had a significant amount of water drain out once i removed the stickers. There is no good that can come of that water being in there.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had a significant amount of water drain out once i removed the stickers. There is no good that can come of that water being in there.
Do you have wing risers installed by any chance? I'm curious if it was even normal for that much water to get in there in the first place. Nonetheless, it's out now.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I did not have the stickers over mine so I can confirm that they definitely shouldn't be there. 2014 st

·
Registered
49 Posts
What's the purpose of covering these weep holes in the first place? Mine were all removed....

Anyone check their doors (I'm assuming there would be some there as well)?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
What's the purpose of covering these weep holes in the first place? Mine were all removed....

Anyone check their doors (I'm assuming there would be some there as well)?
They come from the factory with the covers I would imagine to stop stuff from getting INTO the doors....then remove them when it's on it's way out the door and no longer at risk if I had to guess.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ya'll...Wtf is a lift gate?? Are we talking about a hood?? I've never heard of this term...

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk
Haha it's no problem. Liftgate is the industry term for the rear hatch.

It's crazy how many people actually have this problem. Kinda disturbing if you ask me. Maybe an admin should sticky this thread so that buyers know to look for this.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Ha! This whole time I've wondered what these were and why I have 2 of 3 stickers still on. I guess I'll remove them tomorrow when I wash the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just looked and saw that my ST had 2 out of 3 still on so I removed them. We checked my brother's ST and 2 out of 3 was there as well.... are they only removing one while on the dealership? WTH?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I also had 2 of the 3 left on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Went out to change the oil on my Jeep earlier, checked my hatch, and 2 out of 3 still covered. Apparently all the dealerships were solidly trained in removing this very complicated stickers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
OK, since almost everyone has 2 out of 3 left on, are we sure they aren't supposed to be there?

For what it's worth, I have a 2016 I bought in July in Chantilly, VA from Ted Britt Ford. No stickers on the bottom of the hatch gate. I'd be inclined to think that means they shouldn't be there, but maybe it's a regional thing.

·
Registered
558 Posts
OK, since almost everyone has 2 out of 3 left on, are we sure they aren't supposed to be there?

For what it's worth, I have a 2016 I bought in July in Chantilly, VA from Ted Britt Ford. No stickers on the bottom of the hatch gate. I'd be inclined to think that means they shouldn't be there, but maybe it's a regional thing.
The dealer probably is only instructed to remove at least one. As you corner it will drain depending on the hole. Why they are covered during shipment is beyond me.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts