Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Vendor
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to gauge interest in this new product. The point of the shrouds is to direct air THROUGH the radiator at speed, and not around it. There is a huge gap between the radiator and the front bumper and support, air can leak through here into the lower pressure zones near the wheel well, I plan on sealing this gap off and having true ducting for those who want to run cooler water and oil temps.

If you live in a hot climate or track your car, this will be a a great addition.

Thoughts?

·
Vendor
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do you make it compatable with all the various intercooler sizes?
The top shrouds are all the same since the intercooler sits below the radiator. The bottom shrouds might have extra material to cut-to-fit but they will bolt up or snap in place somehow.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
The top shrouds are all the same since the intercooler sits below the radiator. The bottom shrouds might have extra material to cut-to-fit but they will bolt up or snap in place somehow.
so the shroud would only be for above the crash bar? have you seen these intercoolers kids are running nowadays?

image.jpg

image (2).jpg

·
Vendor
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would love a shroud setup. I am changing from the factory grill to Beeks so I'd be looking for something that would work with that.

Send from another galaxy.
First problem I talked with kevin about was intercoolers. Before we even got into the radiator shrouds I wanted to make a modular shroud that would fit all brand intercoolers. Thats the intention.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
The top portion above the crash bar should be the same on everyone's cars regardless of what radiator may be run now or in the future. The lower half that will box in the intercooler below the crash bar is where Dan is going to work his magic. Boxing in the intercooler will help air to flow to the lower half of the radiator.

·
Premium Member
13,435 Posts
First problem I talked with kevin about was intercoolers. Before we even got into the radiator shrouds I wanted to make a modular shroud that would fit all brand intercoolers. Thats the intention.
Agreed. I like the modular idea. I'm hoping to have my new grill so I can test if you don't have someone lined up who will have the same grill.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
R
Agreed. I like the modular idea. I'm hoping to have my new grill so I can test if you don't have someone lined up who will have the same grill.

Can you measure the distance from the crash bar to the grill with that set up. A custom grill like that might need some customization on the shrouding but should be easily done.

You're running the larger 5" CPE FMIC, correct?

·
Premium Member
13,435 Posts
R

Can you measure the distance from the crash bar to the grill with that set up. A custom grill like that might need some customization on the shrouding but should be easily done.

You're running the larger 5" CPE FMIC, correct?
Once I get mine. They are still being made. I know there will be 10-15 of us right away with this grill. Since it removed the factory rubber piece I am definitely interested in this setup.

·
Registered
431 Posts
The 2015 and 2016's already has a shroud which directs air from the upper grill to the radiator.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts