Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit some kind of animal a couple of months ago, with damage to the lower left front. Repairs were done by a local body shop.

Yesterday I installed t-clamps for the FMIC plumbing and new horns. I noticed that the plastic stud and grommet were missing from left side of the radiator. The stud looks like it was sheared off. If I replace the radiator, is the grommet available and does anyone have a part number?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Grommets can be found with some sleuthing. Your local home depot or ace hardware, online at mcmastercarr and more. Go to your local pick-a-part junkyard and find a modern ford and youll likely find the same part somewhere

that being said head over to tasca parts under the cooling/radiator section it lists an “insulator,” as an optional part... making me think if thats what your describing, a separate part from a radiator

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks.

Edit: I got the P/N from Tasca. Rockauto carries the left and right insulators and the radiator.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you did end up replacing this did you replace the bottom rubber bushings if so we're did you get them I can't find any anywhere the plastic stud that slides threw the center broke on both sides and I'm trying to figure out how to fix those without having to replace the whole radiator. It's slapping into my charge pipe

·
Super Moderator
9,237 Posts
If you did end up replacing this did you replace the bottom rubber bushings if so we're did you get them I can't find any anywhere the plastic stud that slides threw the center broke on both sides and I'm trying to figure out how to fix those without having to replace the whole radiator. It's slapping into my charge pipe
I'd pull it all out and fiberglass the pieces back in place; you could try something like JB Weld, but I like the re-enforcing of the fiber glass cloth (old school til death).

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'd pull it all out and fiberglass the pieces back in place; you could try something like JB Weld, but I like the re-enforcing of the fiber glass cloth (old school til death).
Really all I would have to do is pull that bottom bracket off maybe put the jack in replace for support. I should have enough room to do what I need to do after that. I still need to find them rubber bushings some nylon ones would be nice

·
Registered
199 Posts
So I figured out a solution to the plastic studs the sit threw the insulators from the radiator threw the bottom bracket.

But longer and with a washer on each side along with a nylon nut so it doesn't back off the bolt. I figured the flat area were it sticks off the radiator would not be connected to the radiator ports so I could take a drill bit and drill threw it thus creating a threw hole for my bolt.

Let me know what y'all think I'm not certain for the driver side about drilling a hole I'll have to take a closer look because the drain hole sits really close I'll have to see today. The bracket might actually be bent at the bottom as well I'll have to take some measurements possibly removing it to straighten if bent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts