Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put a new seat in my ST and I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we could share our setups. Feel free to add to this thread to share what you are running.

Sparco Evo
Recaro Slider (inside track)
Planted seat base
Planted side mounts (one right angle on the inboard, one offset on the outboard)

It took a bit of trial and error to find out what combination of side mounts and spacers could mount this seat decently in the car. You really need a right angle side mount on the inboard side to get the seat as close to the centerline of the car as possible. Due to the wide nature of the Recaro slider, an offset side mounts and a combination of spacers was needed to get everything to fit up. Check the pics for details. I like the height of this combination where it's set. The aggressive bolstering on the seats make it slightly more difficult to operate the shifter. I am hoping the addition of a Breedt shift arm set in the forward position will help.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I recently put a new seat in my ST and I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we could share our setups. Feel free to add to this thread to share what you are running.

Sparco Evo
Recaro Slider (inside track)
Planted seat base
Planted side mounts (one right angle on the inboard, one offset on the outboard)

It took a bit of trial and error to find out what combination of side mounts and spacers could mount this seat decently in the car. You really need a right angle side mount on the inboard side to get the seat as close to the centerline of the car as possible. Due to the wide nature of the Recaro slider, an offset side mounts and a combination of spacers was needed to get everything to fit up. Check the pics for details. I like the height of this combination where it's set. The aggressive bolstering on the seats make it slightly more difficult to operate the shifter. I am hoping the addition of a Breedt shift arm set in the forward position will help.

That's a sweet looking setup 10speed, any installed photos? Also were you able defeat the "airbag fault" that comes from doing a swap??

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ended using planted bracket and mount did not use rails. Fitment was easy the seat had to be pushed closes to the glove box for it to be centered. I am 5’8” and I bearly can see over the car with the side mount at the highest point. The mount is floor low.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Is this for actually taking the car to the track or just scene points? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
444 Posts
That's a sweet looking setup 10speed, any installed photos? Also were you able defeat the "airbag fault" that comes from doing a swap??

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
@HellaFocalST if you havent found a solution yet, I may the guy for you. I sourced information from a few video I watched as well as a few forum including focusrs.org and I may have a solution for those that have or want aftermarket racing seat in their car with no sideairbag and their airbag light is on and they have found no solution yet to turn the light off. All others airbag would function properly after this mod. If anyone is interested in this, im installing a racing seat probably in the coming week and will try and apply what i know to solve the infamous airbag light on problem, I can write a quick how-to for those who could be interested! if so, lets me know ill be happy to help

·
Registered
96 Posts
@HellaFocalST if you havent found a solution yet, I may the guy for you. I sourced information from a few video I watched as well as a few forum including focusrs.org and I may have a solution for those that have or want aftermarket racing seat in their car with no sideairbag and their airbag light is on and they have found no solution yet to turn the light off. All others airbag would function properly after this mod. If anyone is interested in this, im installing a racing seat probably in the coming week and will try and apply what i know to solve the infamous airbag light on problem, I can write a quick how-to for those who could be interested! if so, lets me know ill be happy to help
Super interested!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
@KibaWolf please keep us updated with the airbag light situation its the only thing stopping me from getting seats

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
739 Posts
Any one know if it's possible to put bucket type seats in the rear of the 2013 focus st?
Anything is possible, but why would you? You'd lose the split folding rear seat option. Seat mounting would require custom mounts/holes and you'd need to drop the fuel tank to drill the holes.

Alternatively, another possibility is you could have a custom upholstery shop redo the rear seat foam and possibly some springs to give you more of a bucket shape. That shape, though, will still cause you to lose the folding rear seat function.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts